Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Lake Victoria South Water Works Development Agency (LVSWWDA) was established under the Water Act 2016 on 3rd May 2019 vide Legal Notice No. 28 as a State Corporation. It covers eight counties which include: – Bomet, Homa Bay, Kericho, Kisii, Kisumu, Migori, Nyamira and Siaya.
The Agency was established to undertake the development, maintenance and management of the national public water works within its area of jurisdiction; Operate the water works and provide water services as a Water Service Provider until such a time as responsibility for the operation and management of the water works are handed over to a County Government, joint Committee, Authority of County Governments or Water Services Provider within whose area of jurisdiction or supply the water works is located; Provide reserve capacity for purposes of providing water services where the Regulatory Board orders the transfer of water services functions from a defaulting Water Services Provider to another licensee; Provide technical services and capacity building to such County Governments and Water Services Providers within its area as may be requested; and Provide to the Cabinet Secretary technical support in the discharge of his or her functions under the Constitution and the Water Act 2016.
Lake Victoria South Water Works Development Agency (LVSWWDA) through the Government of Kenya has received financing from Agence Française De Development (AFD), European Investment Bank (EIB) and European Union (EU) to implement Lake Victoria Water and Sanitation Intervention in Kisumu County. The goal of the LVWATSAN program is secure water services and improve sanitation in Kisumu City and the satellite towns of Maseno, Kiboswa and Ahero.
The Agency seeks to engage complementary staff to support in the implementation of the LVWATSAN project on a two years’ renewable contract. The Board of Directors of Lake Victoria South Water Works Development Agency therefore seeks to recruit dynamic, exceptional and visionary persons with good professional and ethical standing to fill the positions listed below.
DRIVER – LVSWWDA 10 : – REF. LVSWWDA/PMU/06 (1 POST)
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Perform driving duties for the project as and when necessary, in accordance with Project management requirements or policies
- Perform pre-journey, journey and post-journey vehicle checks [vehicle tyrepressure, vehicle fluids (Brake, clutch, engine oil, windshield water, battery water, etc.) checking for signs of leakage in the engine, differential, gear box e.tc and checking the general condition of the vehicle.
- Ensure timely transportation of the staff and property to the required destination while ensuring safety of the passengers, property and the vehicle according to the Project requirements.
- Perform all driving duties for the project as assigned by the supervisor or delegated authority.
- Ensure that the road license and insurance policy of the vehicle (s) assigned to him/her are always valid
- Safeguard, maintain and update other Project Vehicle related documentation including Vehicle log (indicating date, description of journey, correct odometer reading at start and end of journey, time (am or pm) and ensuring that all entries are correct and accurate according to the Project Management requirements.
- Prepare Purchase Requisition for Vehicle service and necessary vehicle maintenance requirements when due.
- Ensure strict adherence to the program policy on Resources and Asset Management.
- Handle Project staff, guests and partners with courtesy.
- Handle the vehicle and materials assigned to him/her with care
- Perform minor routine Vehicle maintenance service and advice the Project Manager on general service and maintenance/ repair of the vehicle parts as necessary.
- Report vehicle condition to the supervisor after a trip
- Carry out any other official errands/duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Key Qualification and competencies
- At least Form 4 or “O” level certificate with a pass of Grade D+ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
- At least 3 years’ experience in driving
- A clean valid Kenyan driving license (Class B-C-E) with knowledge of Kenyan road rules and Highway code
- Current valid certificate of good conduct
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic knowledge and skills in minor motor vehicle mechanics
Method of application
The details for each of the advertised positions are available as a link above for each of the positions.
Applicants should submit applications, indicating on the envelope and application letter the Reference Number of the position applied for. The application must include copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and Curriculum Vitae. Copies of certificates must be certified by the issuing institution or commissioner of oaths or magistrate. Details such as current position, remuneration and three (3) referees must also be included in the application. Applications must be received on or before 2nd August 2021 at the Agency Headquarters and should be made to the address provided below.
Applicants will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of Kenya Constitution 2010 by presenting copies of the following documents with the applications;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Chief Executive Officer,
Lake Victoria South Water Works Development Agency,
Lavictors House Off-Ring Road Milimani,
P. O. Box 3325 – 40100,
LVSWWDA is an equal opportunity employer: Persons with disability, women and minority groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to the eradication of all forms of corruption.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing, whether directly or through third parties, is discouraged as it will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.