Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Lake Victoria South Water Works Development Agency (LVSWWDA) was established under the Water Act 2016 on 3rd May 2019 vide Legal Notice No. 28 as a State Corporation. It covers eight counties which include: – Bomet, Homa Bay, Kericho, Kisii, Kisumu, Migori, Nyamira and Siaya.
The Agency was established to undertake the development, maintenance and management of the national public water works within its area of jurisdiction; Operate the water works and provide water services as a Water Service Provider until such a time as responsibility for the operation and management of the water works are handed over to a County Government, joint Committee, Authority of County Governments or Water Services Provider within whose area of jurisdiction or supply the water works is located; Provide reserve capacity for purposes of providing water services where the Regulatory Board orders the transfer of water services functions from a defaulting Water Services Provider to another licensee; Provide technical services and capacity building to such County Governments and Water Services Providers within its area as may be requested; and Provide to the Cabinet Secretary technical support in the discharge of his or her functions under the Constitution and the Water Act 2016.
Lake Victoria South Water Works Development Agency (LVSWWDA) through the Government of Kenya has received financing from Agence Française De Development (AFD), European Investment Bank (EIB) and European Union (EU) to implement Lake Victoria Water and Sanitation Intervention in Kisumu County. The goal of the LVWATSAN program is secure water services and improve sanitation in Kisumu City and the satellite towns of Maseno, Kiboswa and Ahero.
The Agency seeks to engage complementary staff to support in the implementation of the LVWATSAN project on a two years’ renewable contract. The Board of Directors of Lake Victoria South Water Works Development Agency therefore seeks to recruit dynamic, exceptional and visionary persons with good professional and ethical standing to fill the positions listed below.
SENIOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – LVSWWDA 5: – REF. LVSWWDA/PMU/03 (1 POST)
- Day-to-day responsibility for the delivery of the Environmental and Social Action Plan, Resettlement Action Plan, Grievance Redress Mechanism, etc.
- Leading or contributing to specific packages of work such as stakeholder engagement, needs analysis, community development plans, environmental and social monitoring.
- Working with the Consultants/contractors teams to act as an interface between the project, authorities and affected communities.
- Working with the Contractors/Consultants to ensure effective engagement and consultation with people living/working close to or within the project area and wider affected communities.
- Working with the CLO to maintain good community relations and address community concerns as they arise and agree measures to respond to grievances in liaison with the wider project team and grievance committee.
- Supervising environmental and social consultants supporting the project.
- Ensuring compliance by contractors and communicate project health, safety and security measures to promote worker safety and awareness.
- Managing the project permitting/licensing requirements, keeping all up to date and providing reporting as required.
- Liaison with government and regulatory agencies such as NEMA, WRA, e.t.c
Key Qualification and competencies
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in either of the following: Community Development, Sociology, Economics, Anthropology, environmental specialism.
- Demonstrable familiarity and track record of implementing EMCA 2012(1999) and good international industry (GIIP) in Environmental and Social issues.
- Track record of working with the requirements of international financial institutions e.g. World Bank, AFD, AfDB, European Investment Bank, and specifically the IFC
- Experience of IFC and GIIP aligned social baseline data collection; stakeholder engagement and key person interviews and groups with a gender and vulnerability lens; physical and economic displacement and IFC PS5 aligned resettlement and livelihoods restoration – planning and implementation; community needs analysis and development planning; community health, safety and security; and influx management.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, understand community and stakeholder perspectives and vulnerabilities and to engage with project affected people and project management teams positively and constructively.
- An understanding of gender issues and vulnerable groups in a development context.
- Previous experience working in Kenya and Western Kenya.
- Experience in preparation and implementation of Resettlement Action Plan.
- Proficient in speaking, reading and writing in English.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
Method of application
The details for each of the advertised positions are available as a link above for each of the positions.
Applicants should submit applications, indicating on the envelope and application letter the Reference Number of the position applied for. The application must include copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and Curriculum Vitae. Copies of certificates must be certified by the issuing institution or commissioner of oaths or magistrate. Details such as current position, remuneration and three (3) referees must also be included in the application. Applications must be received on or before 2nd August 2021 at the Agency Headquarters and should be made to the address provided below.
Applicants will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of Kenya Constitution 2010 by presenting copies of the following documents with the applications;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
Chief Executive Officer,
Lake Victoria South Water Works Development Agency,
Lavictors House Off-Ring Road Milimani,
P. O. Box 3325 – 40100,
LVSWWDA is an equal opportunity employer: Persons with disability, women and minority groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to the eradication of all forms of corruption.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing, whether directly or through third parties, is discouraged as it will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.