Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Assistant Finance Officer
Direct Supervisor: Program Finance Officer
Deadline for application: 05 August
Purpose of the position
Working in the Finance Unit under the direction of the Program Finance Officer-Reporting (FO1), the Assistant Finance Officer will assist in the processing and recording of payment transactions in timely and accurate manner, participate in preparing Monthly books of accounts and in monthly reconciliation of Balance Sheet Accounts.
Working in the Finance Unit under the direction of the Program Finance Officer-Reporting (FO1), the Finance Assistant will assist in the reviewing completeness and recording of payment transactions in timely and accurate manner and ensuring timely and proper filing and archiving of Finance records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review payment requisitions; Prepare journal vouchers and bank payment vouchers; ensure all payment transactions are properly documented ensuring that payments are effected by the monthly deadline.
- Analyze, evaluate and control disbursements/receipts, as well as expenditure variances against approved budgets.
- Prepare all transaction summaries and ledger entries for posting in the SAGE Accounting System;
- Prepare cheques or Electronic Funds transfer requests based on fully approved documents and present to approved check-signers for review and signature.
- Propose monthly cash requirements ( forecast, projection) for the office, and ensure adequate and timely replenishments of funds;
- Maintain custody of the office cash fund and make daily payments of approved transactions; Conduct regular checks of petty cash and cash accounts daily.
- Maintain the un-cleared cash advance file and prepare past due advance report for the Finance Officers
- Maintains up to date payment/receipt vouchers for all financial transactions in an orderly filing system. Organizes the box files – payment vouchers, receipt vouchers, journal vouchers, and all other finance documents in an orderly manner;
- Prepare and timely remittance of statutory payments at the beginning of every month to mid- month and ensuring the relevant necessary documentation is in order and attached;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and other Balance sheet reconciliations as will be assigned.
- Contribute to the preparation and processing of monthly accounts.
- Ensure that monthly accounts are correct and approved, and ensure timely monthly bank reconciliations, including open items, review and clearance of unwanted requisitions and PO balances.
- Prepare , update and share payments tracker with all departments on payments status on a weekly basis
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Degree (Bachelor) in accounting
- Completed ACCA or CPA or equivalent professional qualification.
- A minimum of Three years working experience in an International Non Governmental Organization in a similar position.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Accuracy in processing bank transactions, mathematical aptitude and attention to detail
Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Good communication and excellent inter-personal skills
- A team player who is responsible, diplomatic and confident at dealing with people at all levels
- Planning and organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on pressure and on irregular working hours
- Flexible to be deployed to work in any part of the country where LWF has sub offices
- A clear understanding of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with LWF World Service and donor policies and procedures is essential.
- A high level of personal integrity, honesty and transparency in all cash handling is essential.
- The ability to interact effectively with international and national staff members is required.
- A demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
The Assistant Finance Officer may occasionally be requested to temporarily cover for other Finance Officers in the unit and Area Program Offices.
Deadline for application: 05 August 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
LWF World Service is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation.
LWF World Service is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.