Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
NCCK, an umbrella organization for Protestant Churches and Christian Organizations registered in Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position in Upper Eastern Region, Tharaka-nithi for a period of 12 months.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Ensure timely, efficient and safe driving of personnel, and maintain the organizations project vehicles in a clean and mechanically sound condition.
FIELD OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform driving duties for the organization as per assigned responsibilities in accordance with NCCK policies.
- Ensure safe and timely delivery of staff to the respective stations/places.
- Timely collection, care and delivery of parcels to designated places.
- Report immediately to the supervisor any motor vehicle faults noted and coordinate rectification of the same as guided by the supervisor.
- Maintain a functional tool kit and First Aid Box.
- Ensure that the motor vehicle insurance policy is always valid and report to the supervisor at least one month in advance for renewal.
- Maintain proper work ticket for motor vehicle usage.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
At least Secondary School Education (KCSE).
Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
- Must have a valid driving license for motor vehicles class B, C, E and basic skills in motor mechanics/maintenance.
- AA Certificate of competency.
- Valid Certificate of good conduct.
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Proficiency, dexterity in handling motor vehicles
- Knowledge of the traffic code and what to do in various situations.
- Good knowledge of roads and routes including Nairobi.
- Initiative and drive, flexibility and readiness to work at odd hours.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Relevant Job Experience
- Must have worked in a similar position for at least three (3) years.
Terms and Expression of Interest: This position is contractual for 12 months with possibility of extension. Interested candidates wishing to be considered for this opportunity should send their application letters with copies of CV to NCCK MAIN OFFICE by Friday July 30, 2021at 6pm, indicating their availability. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.