Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
This post reports to the Director – People and Development. The Legal Officer’s role will be to ensure that Marie Stopes Kenya conducts its activities and manages its relationships with the wider Marie Stopes International, donors and its partners in compliance with the law
This position is responsible for providing high quality legal advice to teams within Marie Stopes Kenya on a full range of legal and challenging operational issues, in accordance with the following principles: instill and foster a culture of legal compliance, advocate for Ethics & Compliance across all levels within the organization and build relationships with an external panel of legal advisors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) from a reputable university with a Diploma in Legal Studies (Kenya School of Law)
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a valid practicing certificate.
- At least two years’ post-qualification experience in the provision of legal services in a reputable law firm or the legal department of an international or leading organization.
Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations within the operating environment of MSK
• Excellent written and verbal communication both internally and externally
• Knowledge of share point and/or strong willingness to adopt new technology critical
• Confident in providing information as requested and taking initiative as required
• Strong negotiation skills
• Proven discretion
How to Apply
Suitable and qualified candidates should email one document combining an application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5th. August, 2021. The subject of the email should read Legal Officer. Do not attach certificates and testimonials. Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not ask for fees at any stage of the recruitment process. Successful candidates must abide by MSI’s Antifraud & Bribery Policy and Safeguarding Policy, including protection of children and vulnerable adults. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.