Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Purpose of Position
To support in the timely and successful implementation and monitoring of the Households Resilience Program interventions and outcomes in the Area Program that contribute to the improved child wellbeing outcomes within the AP. In order to successfully accomplish this job purpose, the job holder must be a professional able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as a good example to others.
Project Implementation-55 %
- Effectively carry out the implementation of the Livelihood & resilience components of Child Learning & Households Resilience TP for the AP.
- Ensure the project focuses on the Most Vulnerable Children (MVC) Registered Children (RCs) from the AP community.
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator and the Cluster manager in identification of existing gaps in Economic Empowerment, Food & nutrition Security & Environment sectors programming
- Collaborate with relevant line ministries within the AP for synergies and greater impact
- Facilitate adoption of best practice/approaches/models in the course of the implementation of the project.
- Sensitize community for empowerment & sustainability of House Holds Resilience interventions.
- Establish and implement specific capacity building methodologies for effective delivery & sustainability of project interventions
- Build the capacity of Farmers Groups to enable them effectively intervene in food security & economic empowerment appropriately
- Provide Households Resilience participation data for all children in project activities segregated by RC, non-RC, gender and age.
- Conduct Child monitoring alongside activity monitoring using horizon mobiles phones;
- Ensure Horizon GIS mapping for all projects, assets, sponsorship interventions, and grants (including HEA) using horizon mobile phones
- Ensure Project activity monitoring is updated using horizon mobile phones on monthly basic
- Ensure Project beneficiary GIS mapping in households/populating numbers to community assets/facilities
Quality Assurance – Monitoring, Reporting and Documentation and Learning -25%
- Support the development of Child Learning & House hold Resilience TP Designs and Annual Operation Plans. (4D matrices, DIPs, Annual Budgets).
- Support in monitoring project interventions in strict adherence to WV Kenya, Kenya government regulations and other agreed standards.
- Develop monitoring plan with communities.
- Support in data capture, validation and update on horizon and or any other approved World Vison Kenya (WVK) DM&E system.
- In Liaison with Project Accountant, track project implementation expenditure levels and manage work plans and budgets & implement & project audit recommendations
- Together with partners, conduct regular reflection and learning events
- Ensure Monthly, Quarterly, Semi- Annual and Annual reports prepared and submitted
Advocacy, Engagement, Networking and Partnerships-15%
- Support in gathering and provision of feedback and data to be used for technical papers to inform decision makers.
- Participate in the Annual County Government’s Planning and Budgeting process and influence resource allocation to the priority needs of the most vulnerable groups within the Program Area
- Ensure that project participants are kept informed of all the Government laws and policies in respect to the House Holds Resilience being implemented and any changes to government laws, policies and budgets
- Work with community groups to utilize advocacy approaches such as Citizen Voice and Action (CVA) and Child Protection Advocacy (CPA) to enable service users and local partners to engage directly with local government service providers to improve the quality of government services for children and to generate information and evidence for use in national level advocacy work.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time.
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces which you may be appointed to
- Participate and lead devotions as appropriate
- Any other duty as assigned by the Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Diploma in Agribusiness, Agriculture Education &Extension, Agricultural Economics/Forestry/ Environmental Education/Agricultural engineering or a closely related field from a recognized university.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in community development work implementing household resilience programs
- Experience in Project Management including program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting
- Knowledge of and experience working with the Government and community structures
- Experience implementing integrated development programs
- Excellent communication, Networking and advocacy skills
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written).
- A team player, capable of building staff and community capacity in L&R sector through training.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and emotional maturity
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts
- Experience in training, and coaching
- Computer proficiency