Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
This role is responsible for provision of technical support to research teams in the setup of laboratory experiments, analysis of samples/data and recording of applied processes and procedures in order to meet clinical research objectives.
- Laboratory Section Head
- Conduct experiments interpret and document results using laboratory procedures.
- Standardize, calibrate, and carry out preventive maintenance and basic troubleshooting on laboratory equipment and instrument.
- Receive samples and ensure that relevant support documentation is provided and process including storage in line with relevant standard operating procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all laid down health and safety guidelines including monitoring and reporting of accidents due to constant exposure to hazardous, toxic and infectious materials.
- Participate in various QAQC, regulatory and accreditation agencies within the assigned sections.
- Prepare and collate results, update relevant databases and prepare reports as may be required.
- Manage and dispose of waste in line with laid down guidelines including segregation and use of specified waste disposal facilities.
- Liaise with relevant internal teams and public to ensure that relevant samples are taken/ provided, resolve discrepancies and to communicate results in line with laid down procedures.
- Set up laboratory equipment and guide researchers on the operations of laboratory equipment.
- Monitor laboratory resources and inform relevant staff on the replenishment.
- Ensure compliance with all laid down quality management system (QMS) guidelines/ standards/ SOPs and comply with all health and safety guidelines.
- Provide technical advice to researchers in the design of experiments; and
- Train field teams to ensure they comply with the laid down protocols in respect to sample collection and transport.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Registration by Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB) with a valid practicing KMLTTB License.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of GCLP and regulatory/ accreditation agency requirements.
- Detailed understanding of Laboratory Health and Safety practices;
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Organizational, planning and administrative skills.
- Good attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Teamwork and ability to work in diverse teams
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 11 August, 2021.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).