Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to Head of Communications, the Communications Manager will be responsible for implementing effective communication programs and activities whilst ensuring their alignment to the Kenya Airways corporate strategy, business plans and applicable aviation/regulatory standards at the national and regional level. This position works closely with external stakeholders, media, and focal points of internal teams to communicate the organization’s message to increase awareness and understanding of KQ’s purpose and ensure the overall continuity of the organization’s corporate brand consistency and image. The role also works closely with the organization’s leadership on wider influencing, including confirming the organization’s position as a regional leader in its business segment.
Principle accountabilities include:
Strategy implementation & reporting
- Implement strategic communication initiatives and niche communications to increase the visibility and understanding of KQ’s vision and purpose internally and externally.
- Coordinate the Communication Team’s internal and external communication activities, including results tracking and reporting.
- Work with the research team to develop indicators and monitor effectiveness of communication materials and tools.
- As a member of the Crisis Management Team, contribute to the development and implementation of the Kenya Airways’ Crisis Management Policy and ensuring a corresponding Communications Plan.
Leadership/ Departmental Support & issues Management
- Coordinate Departmental communications activities including training and coaching of teams on communications in stakeholder management.
- Support in managing the CEO’s corporate communications requirements to improve the organization’s visibility among key stakeholders.
- Communications advisory and counsel on integrating communications into annual plans and managing issues.
- Prepare periodic departmental reports and prepare briefings to the Departmental leadership.
- Support in the planning and oversight of communications/PR related to regional partners/alliance, legal, finance, HR, Government and industry issues and other corporate topics.
- Anticipate image and reputational risk issues and develop and implement appropriate communication actions.
- Support crisis communications planning and management.
Content Development & Dissemination
- Generate content for stories, press releases, briefs and messages for Kenya Airway’s audiences using a variety of media, including the organization’s owned media (Website, Intranet, Extranet, Social Media Platforms).
- Ensure adherence to the Kenya Airways brand by reinforcing the use of the Brand and style guidelines.
- Assist in the production of annual reports, documentaries, and brochures for promoting the organization to stakeholders.
- Facilitate information access and sharing between corporate communications, departments, and relevant external stakeholders.
- Support the development of internal communications programs and processes to support employee engagement initiatives.
- Support strong internal communications to build corporate identity, maintain strong staff engagement and build confidence among KQ employees.
Media Relations & Management
- Ensure strong and resilient relationships with media partners at the hub and across the network.
- Monitor local media coverage for sharing with corporate communications including setting up mechanisms to respond to media enquiries.
- Organize media events and tours and facilitate contacts among members of the media to encourage in depth coverage of KQ.
- Leverage proactive publicity tactics to achieve visibility in the news media, including favorably positioning Kenya Airways and promoting the company’s progress and success by showcasing leaders, the Go Forward Plan and culture.
Social media & Digital Platforms
- Oversight of social media platforms and engagement including serving as a moderator in KQs external social network sites which include Facebook. Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- Develop content, ensure social media tactics are embedded and deployed in all communication plans.
- Create leadership awareness and knowledge on social media use.
- Participate and advise on innovation of Kenya Airways digital platforms.
Consultants & Procurement Management
- Manage watching brief on relationships of communications consultants/PR agencies.
- Ensure appropriate budgeting, cost containment and tracking of communications related cost centres.
- Manage external surveys that evaluate the attitudes, opinions and aspirations of stakeholders and partners.
- Managing vendors to ensure efficient delivery of quality services that meet Kenya Airways standards.
- Development of proposals and related procurement requirements.
- Ensure quality assurance of all corporate communications emanating from the company to ensure adherence brand guidelines.
Talent Management & staff actions
- Ensure the planning and delivery of clear and realistic work plans for the communications unit under purview.
- Ensuring all members of the team are competent to carry out their role, offering coaching and mentoring support to enhance their delivery and capabilities.
- Grow and mentor the communications team and supports their learning and development.
Knowledge, Skills, and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline. (Public relations, Journalism, Communication, or marketing).
- Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism.
- Membership/Certification – Relevant PR bodies.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive relevant experience in a communications, marketing, or journalistic role.
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of public relations and release of information for publication.
- Communications skills including; Delivery of effective strategy ,writing and successfully deploying press releases and other materials.
- Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet time pressure deadlines, achieve agreed-upon results, and have personal organization do so.
- Excellent diplomatic and interpersonal skills with a willingness to work in a team environment. Proven experience in working as both a leader and a member of a team.
- Self-motivated, creative, have excellent organizational skills, proven ability to perform multiple tasks, and work with both internal and external constituencies.
- Experience of developing and implementing media, advocacy, or marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of issues and trends in corporate communications in a high profile, multi-stakeholder company, regulated industry.
- Exceptional research, writing, editing, presentation, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage reputational risk.
- A successful track record of managing new media and digital channels, including website development.
- Be detail and results-oriented, and have strong knowledge of evaluation of outcomes analysis
- Demonstrated computer skills and the ability to work in appropriate Microsoft Office Suite applications and use Adobe Photoshop.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are requested to submit their application through LinkedIn attaching your current and detailed curriculum vitae or through email by quoting the position in the subject of your email to Recruitment@kenya-airways.com