Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Safaricom Investment Co-operative (SIC) an investment cooperative set up in 2009 under the Co-operatives Act Cap 490, seeks to fill the position of Investment Manager.
Overall purpose of the job
The job holder is responsible for the overall financial affairs of the Society including financial reporting, cashflow management and developing strategies based on financial research and guiding CEO and the Central Management Committee in making sound financial business decisions in the long and short term.
- The Investment Manager will be an integral part of an investment team, reporting to the CEO and the Board of Directors.
- With respect to matters relating to new and existing investments, the employee will also work with the respective Business Unit Managers and specialist teams.
Requirements of the Role
- Demonstrable experience in managing diverse investments.
- Supporting investment deal origination.
- Conducting due diligence and developing investment proposals for new investments.
- Portfolio management of existing investments.
- Providing general support to the senior management team on investment operational matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
a) Investment Management
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive and innovative Investment strategy.
- Work with colleagues to identify, negotiate and appraise a portfolio of debt, equity and mezzanine investments. This involves:
- Deal origination and initial screening and appraisal of new investment opportunities.
- Alongside CEO and Board, participating in commercial negotiations relating to the structure and terms of any potential investment.
- Carrying out due diligence of investment opportunities, including oversight of SIC’s Investments in commercial units, as well as liaising with third-party service providers as required.
- Lead investor relations forums and engagements.
b) Portfolio Management
Provide on-going portfolio management and reporting on portfolio investments, to include:
- Monitoring and evaluation of investment performance against key targets, including the management and reporting of potential business/investment risks as they arise.
- Providing (or procuring from within SIC or externally) management support to help investees as required.
- Involvement in quarterly portfolio reporting to the Corporate Team and SIC’s Board.
- Work with the Corporate team to ensure that SIC resources are most effectively utilised across the portfolio; and
- Developing and maintaining an active pipeline of investment opportunities.
Work closely with the senior team in the firm to manage the day-to-day activities and overall financial performance of the firm:
- Participate in budget and investment target setting.
- Work with the corporate team on overall strategy, cost-management and operational objectives.
- Monitor the financial performance against agreed KPIs; and
- Contribute to external reporting.
Professional and Academic Qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree from a reputable university with a post graduate education in business.
- Registered with relevant professional bodies.
- Investment Qualification is an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
- Not less than 5-7 years’ experience in a relevant investment business (e.g. private equity, DFI, impact investor, financial services).
- Experience of working in Kenya in an investment role.
- Excellent analytical, finance, and negotiation skills (including familiarity with a range of debt and equity instruments).
- Strong financial modelling skills (including equity valuation models).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Collegiate working style with a strong management capability.
- Ability to develop and manage strategic relationships with funders, peer organizations and potential investees.
- Ideally an understanding and experience of funding and development priorities in Kenya and their reporting requirements..
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th August,2021.