Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PATH Kenya is an organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH Kenya develops and scales innovative solutions and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
USAID Boresha Jamii aims to increase the use of quality county-led, county-owned, and county-managed health and social services in the following programmatic areas; HIV care and treatment, FP, Reproductive Health, Maternal, Neonatal, Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RHMNCAH), Nutrition, Water and Sanitation (WASH), and mitigating social determinants that affect Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), DREAMS, Key and Priority Population (KP/ PP) and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC).
USAID Boresha Jamii will be implemented at the county level, in the community and health facilities in the counties of Kakamega, Kisumu, Nyamira and Vihiga, in close collaboration with and in support of county health management teams and the Ministry of Health of Kenya. USAID Boresha Jamii will work in coordination with USAID and other host-county public and private partners, including the departments of health, children services, agriculture; non-governmental organizations (NGOs); community-based organizations (CBOs); and public health facilities.
PATH Kenya seeks to recruit two (2) Finance Officers who will be responsible for maintaining up to date, accurate and complete records in required formats for all financial transactions, post transactions in Business World, ensure full financial supporting documentations, review payment vouchers for supplier’s payments and carry out monthly Bank Reconciliations, respond on a timely basis to all suppliers’ inquiries, reconcile all the suppliers’ statements with PATH’s records and update the Finance and Operations Manager on any discrepancies.
The Finance Officer will be based in Kakamega or Kisumu and will report to the Project Finance Administrator.
This Position is contingent upon award to PATH.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Process and review payment vouchers for supplier’s payments, travel advance requests and other payments requests. Track outstanding advances and follow up to ensure all are cleared on timely basis and in line with PATH’s financial policies.
- Review all travel expense reports, workshop expense reports and any other reconciliations for authorization, accuracy, allowable expenses, charge codes and accounting for advances. Follow up on resolutions of all questioned items and see that they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for posting transaction in Business World.
- Respond on a timely basis to all suppliers’ inquiries, reconcile all the suppliers’ statements with PATH’s records and update the Finance Manager on any discrepancies.
- Respond to staff inquiries on a timely basis on any financial issues.
- Prepare and process Kenya Country payroll, statutory payments and remittances-add
- Disburse all PATH Money Transfer payments and funds transfer through E-Banking.
- Carry out monthly Bank Reconciliations.
- Prepare management accounts.
- As part of the Finance team, Identify opportunities for streamlining office processes, make recommendations to the finance team and implement changes.
- A degree in Finance, Accounting or any business-related field.
- Professional Accountancy training CPA or ACCA, MBA in Finance will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience with International NGO(s).
- Experience in managing of project funds, preparation of bank reconciliations, financial statements, and financial reporting and data analysis, auditing and taxation.
- Excellent attention to detail and possess sound technical skills.
- Analytical approach to work.
- Problem-solving skills, creative and initiative.
- Sound planning and organizational skills
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Able to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships.
- Proficiency in Ms Office applications including word and excel, hands on work experience with Business World, Multi currency and payroll processing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Candidates must currently have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Kakamega & Kisumu, Kenya
Company Location: Kenya, Kakamega
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular