Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PATH Kenya is an organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH Kenya develops and scales innovative solutions and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
USAID Boresha Jamii aims to increase the use of quality county-led, county-owned, and county-managed health and social services in the following programmatic areas; HIV care and treatment, FP, Reproductive Health, Maternal, Neonatal, Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RHMNCAH), Nutrition, Water and Sanitation (WASH), and mitigating social determinants that affect Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), DREAMS, Key and Priority Population (KP/ PP) and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC).
USAID Boresha Jamii will be implemented at the county level, in the community and health facilities in the counties of Kakamega, Kisumu, Nyamira and Vihiga, in close collaboration with and in support of county health management teams and the Ministry of Health of Kenya. USAID Boresha Jamii will work in coordination with USAID and other host-county public and private partners, including the departments of health, children services, agriculture; non-governmental organizations (NGOs); community-based organizations (CBOs); and public health facilities.
PATH Kenya is seeking to recruit a Project Finance Administrator for USAID Boresha Jamii project to be based in Kakamega. The incumbent will report to the Senior Finance and Administration Manager USAID Boresha Jamii project.
This Position is contingent upon award to PATH.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Review and approve requests for workshops and advances to support activity implementation
- Act as the custodian for organizational policies and procedures by always ensuring staff compliance.
- Analyze project expenses, pipeline and burn-rate, including sub-recipient financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis, review project expenses with FAM on a monthly basis.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to projects and partner organizations to ensure consistent, effective, and efficient compliance with project financial requirements
- Assist in the preparation and execution of contract mechanisms, including purchase orders, consultants and sub awards.
- Providing administrative support to specific programs in monitoring of project activities.
- Assisting in preparing and monitoring annual and life of project budgets.
- Tracking award agreements and ensuring compliance with spelt out agreement policies & procedures.
- Providing programs with monthly expense reports, labor reports and other project financial monitoring tools and making spending adjustments (re-classes) as required.
- Assist in building appropriate operational and financial systems to effectively receive, expend and account for donor funds.
- Timely review and processing of activities requests, travel advances, procurement request, operations and workshop expenses.
- Regular review of program-wide adherence to identified compliance issues (including financial reporting) intervening where necessary.
- Ensure that procurement by the project is carried out in accordance with donor and PATH requirements.
- Assist in preparation and follow up of VAT and Tax exemption on a case-by-case basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting or related field. Certified Public Accountant (CPA- K) or ACCA with at least three years’ experience in financial management. MBA and experience in Budget monitoring and management will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical, financial management and budgeting skills.
- Ability to coordinate project work involving team members at junior and senior levels across the organization.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID and other international donor requirements as well as experience managing sub-agreements.
- Ability to learn, adopt and champion new business systems and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Word and SharePoint, as well as the ability to learn other software tools readily and implement them successfully.
- Project management experience is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- A high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to identify business needs, gather and analyze information.
Candidates must currently have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Company Location: Kenya, Kakamega
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular