Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job location: For Secondment – Any AA Location and Fixed Term Employment -Johannesburg, Nairobi or London
Salary: Local Grade C
Contract type: Secondment – Fixed Term until 31 December 2021
The Job Summary
The IT Officer will support IT systems administration and service delivery tasks for Action Aid International. S/he will ensure that Action Aid staff around the world have effective, efficient, and secure software and hardware systems in order to deliver on our mission. This will require management, updates, and backups to both client and server applications.
The IT Officer will place a high emphasis on customer satisfaction. S/he will support user adoption of new technologies through, training, coaching and support.
The IT Officer will play an important role supporting AAI’s cloud migration project, including the upgrade of Microsoft services to M365 licenses and Microsoft Services administration.
Who we’re looking for
- A minimum of two years of work experience as a Microsoft Server/Network administrator
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server OS, Microsoft 365, Azure Cloud, Azure AD, RBAC, DHCP, and DNS is essential
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Working knowledge of the English Language, written and spoken
- Analytical troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
- Self-motivated and able to provide quality services to clients with autonomy
- Technical project management experience or qualifications are highly desirable
- Certifications in Microsoft Technologies, ITIL, CompTIA A+, or similar is highly desirable
What we offer
ActionAid is committed to providing a welcoming, supportive workplace where we recognise a job well done. Offering a fair compensation package and a flexible working environment. At ActionAid, you can look forward to
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- A workplace that embraces intersectional feminist principles
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Over 4 weeks holiday a year
How to apply
Please click on the “apply” button to start the application process. Please upload an up-to-date CV and a covering letter, clearly explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Closing date: 25 August 2021
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be shortlisted- usually within 2 weeks of the closing date.
ActionAid is a global federation working for a world free from poverty and injustice. We want to see a just, fair and sustainable world, in which everybody enjoys the right to a life of dignity, and freedom from poverty and oppression. We work to achieve social justice and gender equality, and to eradicate poverty.
All our work is underpinned by a set of feminist leadership principles:
Self-awareness, Self-care and caring for others, Dismantling bias, Inclusion, Sharing power, Responsible & transparent use of power, Accountable collaboration, Respectful feedback, Courage and Zero tolerance against discrimination and abuse of power.
Our commitment to safeguarding
ActionAid is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are also committed to preventing and responding to any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk, whether carried out by staff/representatives or resulting from our work. ActionAid expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.