Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Bank’s Group Information Security Department is charged with the responsibility of protecting and safeguarding KCB Group’s information assets.
The Network Security Specialist is responsible for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of the organization’s data in motion and information systems, through preventing, detecting, and resolving security threats to KCB Group computer networks. The holder is also responsible for the deployment, testing, and maintenance of network security systems.
- Security administration, optimization and support of the Bank’s web security gateways/proxies, perimeter firewalls, network intrusion detection/prevention systems, and network admission control in compliance with the Bank’s policies and standards.
- Collaborate in the continuous monitoring and defense of the Bank’s networks for cybersecurity threat indicators, identify compromised endpoints, fine tune intrusion detection/prevention signatures and mechanisms; report on violations and security measures taken to address threats.
- Appropriately and practically defend the Bank’s network perimeter, remote access, local and wide area network (LAN/WAN), and wireless networks (WLAN), in accordance with established policies, procedures, guidelines and practices.
- Develop Network Security Policies and Minimum Configuration Baseline Standards in line with industry best practices and technologies commensurate with risk and regulatory requirements and implementing the same cost effectively.
- Define, create, and deliver compliance reports and relevant metrics in network security to senior management.
- Provide technical network security related support to projects from inception through to successful implementation in a bid to ensure that network security is in built into the infrastructure.
- Coordinate effective and secure lifecycle management of encryption keys and certificates for the Bank.
- Continuous audit of network security configuration of all network systems, including but not limited to Firewalls, Identity Services Engine, WLAN, and LAN equipment to provide optimum security, performance, and availability.
- Provide input into Information Security risk control self-assessments by leveraging specialized knowledge in network security.
- Research on and provide technical network security expertise in the Group Information Security department.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or Telecommunications or Engineering or related field from a recognized university.
- Must possess at least certification from the list below: Cisco security certification; Checkpoint certification (CCSA, CCSE, CCSM); Fortinet certification (NSE 4 to 8); Palo Alto Networks security certification; CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Information Technology; with at least 3 years’ experience in Information Security.
- 2 years’ experience in Network Security Administration (Firewall, NAC, Web Proxy, WAF etc.).
- Experience in Project Implementation and Banking Operations is desired.
The above position is demanding; for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday 27th August 2021.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.