Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deputy Director of Human Resources
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around six operational directorates. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona and decentralized in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including the Human Resources Department.
The HR Department in OCBA is evolving towards a new set up in order to provide the most adapted support to field activities and frontline workers through a more transversal way of working which is being reformulated in three different areas:
- On boarding & deployment
- Staff Care
- Learning & Development (L&D)
This new Deputy Director of Human Resources position has been conceived to support the coordination of the L&D area as part of this more transversal approach, emphasizing the support of the HR Department towards the needs on the field while guiding the transition of the L&D in OCBA towards a more inclusive, diverse and equitable environment.
The successful candidate will work together with the HR Director and with the other HR team members, specifically collaborating and coordinating Pool Management and Recruitment, HR Management and Learning teams, and very close to the Operations Department.
MAIN OBJECTIVE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As highlighted within the Strategic Orientations 20/23 the main objective for this position would be to “embed people development as transversal organisational priority” covering and integrating all OCBA staff in one global framework; in this sense the new Deputy HR Director will be called to:
- Contribute in an insightful way to the general strategic definition in OCBA HR Department aggregating value to the several ongoing discussions around HR:
- Ensure DEI component is prioritize in all development initiatives as key component to reinforce the understanding of OCBA operations and beneficiaries
- Ensure OCBA Operational needs and development requirements are integrated in the Rewards System – under discussion at movement level
- Support the discussion on mobility strategies and the reflection on the staffing and support model in OCBA under an L&D perspective
- Reinforce link with internal and external partners to encourage mutual agreements, more diverse reflections and efficiency in L&D initiatives
- Lead the strategic definition of the Learning and Development framework in OCBA:
- Coordinate all learning and development strategies to ensure a balanced approach for the global workforce (assembling the growth of all employees under the same framework but adapting practices to the needs in each context)
- Coordinate Recruitment, Career Management, Learning and HR Support initiatives and teams to ensure coherence and adherence to OCBA Strategic Orientations 20/23
- Ensure a broadly dissemination of the OCBA leadership model covering all staff in all locations
- Ensure performance management and culture of feedback is aligned with OPS needs, institutional bets and HR principles, and it is a transparent system to support a healthy growth for OCBA staff and a proper staffing of OCBA teams
- Reinforce the link with Tembo and other Transformational investments to promote virtual learning and other L&D solutions (Simulations…)
- Driving together with OPS and other Departments a smooth but steady transformation of the L&D area in OCBA to respond to ongoing institutional and operational priorities:
- Ensure an adapted and coordinated Learning and Development pyramid supporting current and future Operational needs
- Ensure a fruitful link with Operations and other Departments to ensure all L&D initiatives are responding to current and future institutional and technical requirements
- Guarantee the operational input is transmitted to the HR Department in order to be included in the definition of HR strategies
- At the same time contribute to OPS strategies from the HR point of view to strengthen transversal planning and better quality and follow up of field initiatives
- Adapt the HR support system to facilitate a smooth transition towards a new and more DEI development & staffing model at field level while we continue supporting current HR field needs
- Ensure HR department and specifically L&D area – setup, roles, responsibilities, dynamics, processes – is responding to field needs and is providing the technical expertise and support to improve and readapt HR management at field level
- Reports to: HR Director
- Staff reporting to this post: Heads od Unit within the L&D area
- Other key working relationships: Operations Department, Head of Staff Care, Head of Onboarding & Deployment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Field experience with MSF is essential
- Experience in positions contributing to Staff Learning & Development is essential
- Direct experience in team management is highly desired
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential; fluency in written and spoken Spanish and French a strong asset.
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Strategic Vision
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Initiative and Innovation
- Capacity to Negotiate
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- People Management and Development
- Security Awareness and Management
- Position based in any MSF-OCBA Hub (Barcelona, MSF-Spain office delegations, Buenos Aires, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi).
- Full-time job
- International travel: up to 30%
- Minimum of 3-years moral commitment
- Mandated position: 3 + 3 years
- Annual gross salary HQ-6 (divided in 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy
- Starting date: September 2021
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter
- Closing date: September 7th, 2021, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.