Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Our global strategy has a specific focus on girls, as they are often the most marginalized and most often left behind. We have committed ourselves to the ambitious target of reaching 100 million girls over 5 years, to ensure they can learn, lead, decide and thrive. This is our contribution to reaching the sustainable development goals, and in particular the goals on gender equality. Our organization is transforming itself to meet this enormous challenge everywhere we work. We need bold, forward-thinking and innovative individuals to lead our country operations, driving change and delivering results that will allow us to reach our target of 100 million girls.
The Shared Services Centre is a Centre of Excellence based in the MEESA region office. The centre’s vision is that within 2 years its clients will have recorded added value within their support services. The centre is committed to a reliable, efficient and effective service to the MEESA regions at a competitive price. Its ultimate goal is to be trusted, predictable, and dependable to our clients at all times and to ensure commitment to excellent turnaround times in all our service delivery.
The Procurement Assistant will be responsible for support of the general procurement transactional activities within SSC. Provides day to day implementation of procurement in compliance with Plan’s global policies, best practices, local regulations and business needs.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Management scope, reporting lines, key relationship
Reports to – SSC Procurement Coordinator
Client Line managers
All client staffs
Level of contact with children
Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children when they visit the office
Typical office environment – MEESA Hub (Kenya Country Office)
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Procurement Coordination & Planning 50%
- Ensure transparency and integrity in the procurement processes in line with Plan policies and guidelines
- Participate in periodic reviews of the procurement guidelines for responsiveness and ensure their correct implementation by all the staff/clients
- Receive approved PR with clear specifications (sample, designs, dimensions, etc.)
- Source using appropriate procurement method per threshold (competitive bidding/ open tender)
- Analyse bids and recommend selected vendors for approval
- Prepare LPOs, LTAs and contract, facilitate approvals and share with vendor for action
- Follow up on actual service delivery (receipt of goods/services) while communicating to the client constantly
- Document receipt of goods/services and verify/confirm the same with client
- Process payments and avail to SSC finance for processing
- Liaise with the requesters/clients to ensure goods and services requested are received and the necessary documentation satisfactorily done (goods received notes/invoices etc.)
- Keep proper and an up to date filling system for all procurement documents
- In liaison with the Procurement Coordinator, ensure optimal interface between SSC procurement and client business units for efficient customer service delivery.
Contract Management 30%
- Report contract related issues from service providers and users/clients for necessary actions
- Monitor and follow through on commitments and reporting (GRN, GRIR) as needful
- Assist in follow-up and timely delivery of requested supplies and materials and keep the concerned client staff informed on the status of the delivery
- Support in consolidation of vendor invoices to ensure compliance with the order submitted, raise GRNs before submission to SSC Finance for payment processing;
- Update and share the weekly procurement tracker
- Timely and accurate submission of all financial documents to SSC Finance by the stipulated date to ensure suppliers/service providers’ payments are done in a timely manner.
- Others 10%
- Support Audits by availing requested documents and records
- Participate in market surveys
- Prepare and share monthly reports to inform client decisions.
- Ensure procurement data integrity is maintained in the system at all times
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) 10%
- Understand and put into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures;
- Ensure that Programme implementation staff at the country office and in the field are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in project design, during implementation and as principles applied in day-to-day work of Programme team;
- Ensure that Plan Kenya contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge and Experience:
- Holder of a Degree in Procurement, Supply chain management, business administration or related course
- At least three (2) years’ work experience in similar position
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Knowledge of filing and general record keeping
- Knowledge of SAP or any other procurement software will be an added advantage
- Basic computer skills
- Service oriented and customer centric
- Good oral and verbal communication skills
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Negotiation and networking skills
- Presentational and problem -solving skills
- Willingness to learn and ability to work in a collaborative and inclusive manner
- Accuracy, attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills, flexible and team player
- Committed, honest and sincere
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work and interact with others at all levels
- Hands on experience and skilled in Admin & Logistics support
- Strong People skills
- Excellent planning and coordination skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Role model our values and behaviors both internally and externally.
- Engages sensitively on issues of gender equality and inclusion, demonstrating an understanding.
- Promotes equality, including gender equality, inclusion and girls’ empowerment in Plan’s work and in its work with partners
- The ability to build collaborative working relationships
- Uses creativity to challenge the norm and promote innovation and thinks and acts for the wider organization – linking Interactions opportunities with the context of the wider organizational strategy
- Communicates effectively at and with a range of appropriate styles for different audiences
- Builds capability through knowledge sharing, networking, mentoring, coaching and advocates the importance of knowledge management