Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Location: Kenya
Job Type: Full-time
We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Enterprise IOT Lead, the position holder will be responsible for IOT service availability ensuring that IOT solutions are available 24*7 while supporting evolution of the existing services in production systems. The IOT solutions include Smart Metering (Water & Power), Telematics, Logistics, Cold Chain Management, SIM Management and several IOT bespoke solutions.
IOT DevOps engineers’ duty include but not limited to deploying, managing, and supporting the latest software using the latest automation, virtualization, and containerization technologies.
The role also includes optimal and effective management of IOT telemetry data i.e., storage, sharing with 3rd party systems and deriving analytical insights using ML/ AI algorithms for proactive IOT service maintenance.
Other activities include performance management, fault management, liaison and support of internal and external IOT stakeholders.
- Proactively ensure the highest level IOT service and systems availability through effective monitoring
- Incident/ Problem Management – resolve IOT service escalations as per SLA and follow-up to resolution by engaging 3rd level support.
- Change management – Work with the IOT squad including developers, quality assurance and support teams to verify and deploy software from staging environments to production systems.
- Devops – Maintain, fine-tune, installed systems and tools. Source or develop operational tools i.e. scripts to improve work efficiency and ensure operational KPIs are met.
- IOT data management – ensuring optimal operation of IOT data stores ensuring data consuming applications including APIs are efficient; big data storage and processing and deriving operational insights from the data.
- Business Continuity – Implement security, backup and redundancy policies including routine disaster failover tests.
- Liaise with Support teams, infrastructure team, network administrators, information security to maintain service availability and integrity of the applications.
- Reporting – Produce routine operational reports on IOT KPIs and perform actions necessary to ensure the KPIs are met.
- BSc. Computer Science/Software Engineering/IT/ Engineering
- 5 years + experience in IT/ DevOps support.
- Solid exposure to virtualisation and container technologies; especially Docker, Kubernetes, VMWare
- Extensive experience in deploying and supporting enterprise APIs on various technologies i.e. TIBCO/WebLogic/Tomcat/Glassfish/Azure/AWS.
- Strong knowledge & experience using (CI/CD) such as Jenkins /drone/CycleCI
- Experience in Agile Development/software life-cycle development (SDLC).
- Extensive experience with databases – data structures, relational data model, Stored Procedures, PL/SQL development, Nosql Databases, InMemory DBs
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (Mongo DB, SQL Server, RabbitMQ, Hardoop)
- Solid understanding of web services/technologies – REST/JSON, WSDL, XML, XSD;
- Experience using code versioning & collaboration tools such as Git/SVN
- Experience in Unix/Linux/AIX Operating System and application security technologies (e.g. SSL)
- Deep understanding of the IOT stack and knowledge of embedded systems.
How To Apply