Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
25% of the Fortune 50 trust Sama to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. From self-driving cars to smart hardware, Sama fuels AI. Founded over a decade ago, we’re experts in image, video and sensor data annotation and validation for machine learning algorithms in industries including automotive, navigation, AR/VR, biotech, agriculture, manufacturing, and e-commerce. Our staff are driven by a mission to expand opportunity for low-income people through the digital economy, and our social business model has helped lift over 50,000 people out of poverty.
About the Job:
The Security & Compliance Officer is responsible for advocating, monitoring, and enforcing compliance through controls, policies, standards, and procedures. In this role, you will be working with senior leaders within the Global Service Delivery and Trust teams to achieve and maintain government (namely GDPR & CCPA) and industry certifications (namely but not limited to SOC2, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, BCP) required by our clients.
The Security and Compliance Lead will also be responsible for driving our current compliance efforts, managing the external & internal audit plan, updating existing controls, providing leadership and coaching to all of the Corporation’s departments, managing third-party auditors, maintaining certifications and roadmap to future certification.
- Lead, support, coach and evaluate performance of a team of auditors within the compliance unit
- Work with all business functions to understand the security risks and compliance requirements, develop and maintain the security & compliance roadmap & strategy
- Develop and maintain compliance & security documentation, policies, guidelines, frameworks, standards, and procedures.
- Communicate policies and procedures to stakeholders inside and outside the company.
- Develop and direct the implementation of compliance & security standards, regulations and best practices for the organization namely but not limited to SOC2, ISO 27001, CCPA, GDPR.
- Oversee global compliance & security awareness strategy and programs fostering a culture where compliance & security is everyone’s responsibility.
- Coach head of departments about SOC, CCPA & GDPR compliance program and their assigned controls and recommend improvements to teams for their assigned controls.
- Ensure compliance with critical controls on a regular basis.
- Manage audits by external and internal auditors. This could be audits for client requirements, ISO standards and any other applicable audit requirements.
- Facilitate with certifications which including, but is not limited to, ISO 9001, BCP and ISO 27001.
- Partner with Sales and Customer Success teams to close business and ensure customers understand our security posture.
- Respond to requests in a timely manner from the Compliance Trust Services team to meet service level agreement commitments for responding to customer and prospect requests.
- Review compliance and audit related matters.
- Identifying gaps with controls assigned to Sama teams.
- Determine whether supplied artifact(s) by teams meets SOC, CCPA, ISO & GDPR requirements.
- Support trust in writing Section III of SOC2 report.
- Lead Enterprise Risk Management processes and framework adherence across Global Service Delivery teams.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks as required and assigned.
- Bachelors degree or higher in a relevant field
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a global compliance role and or security auditing role
- Experience in project or program management.
- Certification as ISO Lead auditor for ISO 9001, ISO 27001 & ISO 22301.
- Certification in risk & compliance management an added advantage
- Projects involving coordinated efforts across large cross-functional teams
- Previous experience with CCPA & GDPR
- Interest and desire to obtain CISSP, CISA, or other globally-recognized security, compliance, or audit certifications.
Sama is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Sama culture. Our core values are grit, integrity, humanity, and GTD (Get Things Done).
At Sama, we pride ourselves in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.