Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Duties and Responsibilities
i) Participating in animal health field demonstrations and agricultural shows.
ii) Participating in sample collection and dispatch, inspecting livestock routes.
iii) Collecting data and writing technical reports.
iv) Demonstrating and training on milking techniques and external parasite control such as dipping, spraying and dusting.
v) Carrying out vaccinations, closed castration, dehorning, ear tagging, branding, deworming, disbudding, docking, de-beaking and hoof trimming.
vi) Carrying out simple treatment of animals;
vii) Participating in animal disease research and reporting;
viii) Keeping records on animal breeding, animal health, milk production, dipping data,
ix) Maintaining dairy units and meat inspection
x) Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements for Appointment
i) Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Animal Health, Animal Health and Production, Veterinary Public Health and Meat Technology, Animal Production and Health Management or Animal Husbandry from a recognized institution in Kenya.
ii) Be registered by the Kenya Veterinary Board
iii) Certificate in Meat Inspection from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
Remuneration: As per Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
Terms of Employment: Three (3) Years Contract
How to Apply
Hand copy of duly filled Employment Form together with the required documents should be sent or hand delivered to:
NYERI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD OFFICES
(LOCATED AT FORMER DIVISIONAL SUPPLIES DIVISION)
P.O. BOX 90-10100
CELL PHONE: 0745342000/0733977003
All applications (hand delivered or through post office) should be received on or before 24th August 2021 5.00pm.
1. Any communication from the County Public Service Board SHALL be through the above provided address and cellphone.
2. The County Public Service Board does not charge for any of the recruitment exercises, including shortlisting and appointment. Any request for payment or favor should therefore be reported to the police for appropriate action.
3. The County Government of Nyeri is an equal opportunity employer
4. People living with disability are encouraged to apply
5. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted by the Board.