Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Primary Location: Kenya Nairobi
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Day Job
Contract Type: Full-time
Unposting Date: 24-08-2021
Number of Openings: 1
To provide actuarial support to the assigned LOB and participate in overall risk management for the company.
- Select appropriate reserve calculation method and calculate reserves
- Provide analysis to support the renegotiation of the existing contracts
- Provide input in product development for the LOB
- Product pricing and setup in the actuarial pricing and valuation system
- Review and monitor experience on all products to inform decision making including profit testing of existing products
- Provide comprehensive actuarial reports to the business each quarter and highlight key issues on an ongoing basis including solvency and capital monitoring
- Address all areas raised by the IRA in their risk inspection and continue to highlight emerging risks
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Key Performance Measures
- As described in your Personal Score Card
- University Degree in actuarial science, statistics, engineering, mathematics, physics, economics or related field with strong emphasis on mathematical proficiency
- 2-4 years’ experience in a similar position
- Progress in Institute of Actuaries examinations (9 papers)
Technical/ Functional competencies
- Statistical techniques
- Proficient knowledge on the insurance industry in Kenya
- Knowledge of reinsurance arrangements and structures
- Knowledge of statistical packages or programming (e.g. SAS, Visual Basic)
- Database management systems\
How To Apply: