Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Level: Senior Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Day Job
Contract Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 17-08-2021
Unposting Date: 24-08-2021
Number of Openings: 1
Reporting to the Head of IT and Operations, the role holder will be responsible to Lead the ICT service delivery team in the implementation of ICT strategies and business systems by ensuring effective user policies, processes, end user support, training and service desk services support, Develop the ICT infrastructure strategy and operational plans and associated budgets for approval and also ensure that the data centre and network infrastructure and its associated technology operate efficiently. Ensure availability and reliability of the data centre.
- Develop , implement and proactively communicate ICT policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient use of ICT services throughout the company;
- Develop and update Information Technology policies, procedures and standards and disseminate to end users in the company;
- Maintain comprehensive documentation, asset management and licensing information.
- Drive in Quality through implementation and institutionalization of the ITIL framework
- Ensure all technology changes to the live environment are assessed, approved, implemented and reviewed in a controlled manner
- Ensure the unit serves as the central point for all ICT queries and requests for staff within Britam
- Provide an effective and responsive service desk to support Britam’s systems users and establish SLA`s as required;
- Develop, implement and maintain a configuration management process through ensuring that all hardware and software assets are appropriately recorded and managed;
- Develop, implement, test and maintain an ICT service continuity plan;
- Lead the ICT service delivery team to ensure effective and efficient operations;
- Develop the ICT infrastructure strategy and operations plans
- Design, configure, optimise, monitor and maintain all Britam’s LAN and WANs and in doing so providing an effective, reliable and secure communications infrastructure that follows industry best practice to underpin all corporate computer systems.
- Advise on the technical architecture and infrastructure specification relating to the development or procurement of new information systems or ICT infrastructure
- Ensuring that the ICT unit is able to deliver a comprehensive service that meets the business requirements and that is aligned with Britam’s policy and Corporate Strategic aims and objectives
- Oversee management of the data centres
- Ensure efficient system administration
- Develop, train, coach, motivate and evaluate functional staff in their unit to achieve their highest levels of performance
Key Performance Measures
- As described in your Personal Scorecard
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field
- Masters is an added advantage
- Knowledge of standard operating systems, Server hardware, Storage systems, switching systems and databases
- Qualification in TOFAG
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture, design, setup and support
- Extensive Technical Knowledge with technologies such as Microsoft, Cisco and VMware, MPLS. They will also need to have experience with storage area networks, WAN acceleration, virtualization, firewalls, routers, Networking protocols, wireless technologies and IT security.
- Certification – a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or have related certifications.
- ITIL Expert Certification desirable
- 7-10 years’ experience in IT Services Management, with 3-4 years of which should be in a managerial position
- Working knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning suite of applications Knowledge of standard operating systems, Server hardware, Storage systems, switching systems and databases
- Relevant system or network administration certification
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies)
Change Leaders in Britam need to
- Strategically lead a function to service customers from a sustainable and growing customer base whilst increasing profit;
- Continuously configure and adapt the functional area to most effectively suite the future view of the business;
- Introduce new concepts so that they are adopted appropriately at the right time (manage the rate of change);
- Be in touch with the changing industry, customer needs and international best practice;
- Improve the efficiency of the function by appropriately challenging managers about operational and tactical issues;
- Ensure the function has the most appropriate people capability through effective inspirational leadership, people development, and optimized succession planning;
- Ensure clarity of expectations for individuals in the function and other stakeholders across the group;
- Facilitate functional integration;
- Ensure the development and establishment of appropriate behavior and values (culture) within the function that aligns with the strategic direction and values of the business;
- Coordinate between functions and divisions to ensure optimization of the value chain and resources;
- Ensure alignment of strategy, objectives and deliverables within the function;
- Develop innovative partnerships and distribution channels to increase Britam’s market penetration;
- Ensure a seamless experience for clients;
- Appropriately allocate funds and capital to maximize shareholder value;
- Adequately manage operational risk;
- Increase operational efficiency;
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels;
- Improve quality and speed of decision making across the business.
Technical/ Functional competencies
- Significant experience managing and/or directing IT operational services
- Significant experience in designing and implementing industry recognized service design and implementation utilizing ITIL based standards
- Experience in strategic planning and execution and managing strategic change delivery programmes
- Experience in managing technical teams in the areas of;
- Data Networking (LAN, WAN)
- IP based telephony deployments
- Desktop technologies
- Infrastructure management / Data Centre operations
- Service Desk implementation and management
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Significant experience defining IT strategies and supporting budgets.
- Demonstrated understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems
- Relevant experience in system administration or network administration
How To Apply: