Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To provide, promote and maintain high professional standards of nursing care, meeting patients’ needs in all aspects, and promoting job satisfaction for the nursing team.
The post holder will participate in the operational running and decision making within the Theatre Department and manage the Theatre department as necessary ensuring a suitable environment for working and learning and be able to make clinical decisions.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Defining, monitoring and supervising the implementation of High Quality Standards of performance in evidence based nursing, infection control, quality control, and cost effectiveness, cleanliness and service delivery to all internal and external customers.
- Participating in the development, review and implementation of Nursing Practice
- Policies, Protocols Procedures, Guidelines and activities.
- Providing effective demonstrable leadership skills in the hospital and to the Theatre Nurses and Theatre Technicians
- Implementing continuous improvement of nursing practice and service delivery.
- To be a role model of the nursing profession and exercise professionalism at all times while being an effective clinical leadership resource.
- Preparing and organizing duty rota for staff in theatre as well as co-ordinating staff rotation between main theatre and labour ward theatre.
- Participate in the formation and implementation of standards procedures and audits within theatre department.
- To communicate with other professionals and all relevant parties in order to advocate effectively for the patients.
- To provide guidance, supervise and mentor staff and trainees to ensure all patients are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and that the patients are encouraged to be involved in decision making related to their care.
- Implement infection control measures to provide a safe environment for patients, staff and others.
- To be in control of the nursing activities, staff management and utilize hospital disciplinary policy procedure effectively.
- To protect all confidential information concerning the hospital, patients and to make disclosure only with patient and medical directors permission.
- To investigate patients’ complaints promptly in accordance with the hospital procedure and inform nursing administration immediately within the same shift.
- To be knowledgeable of the equipment in Theatre department and to safe guard hospital/patient property and equipment from damage, wastage or loss.
- To ensure accurate documentation, proper record keeping and storage for continuity, quality and legal reference.
- To utilize available resources effectively to ensure quality service delivery, profitability, cost containment while closely adhering to the budget.
- To promote good interpersonal relationship amongst the nursing team, patients and other disciplines.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Matron form time to time.
- To undertake hospital sister covering duties when requested with continuing responsibilities.
- Required to be observant of the patient’s needs and requirements and assist where appropriate in providing care to meet those needs which is within the total care plan of the patient.
- Supervise and assess, plan and implement agreed individual care plans and evaluate the effectiveness of care given.
- Assist medical staff in the over all care of the patient and to ensure the prescribed treatment is given.
- Maintain personal contact with patients ensuring that they understand their treatment and that their needs are met as far as possible.
- Make adequate discharge arrangements to ensure that patients receive appropriate care and support.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma of an accredited School of Nursing KRN/KRM/KRCHN/BSN
- Peri-operative registered nursing as a Post Basic qualification.
- Minimum of ten year post clinical nursing.
- Supervisory skills and knowledge.
- BLS certified.
- ACLS certified
- Managerial skills/Leadership skills
- Research Methodology
- Performance Management
- Counselling Skills
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications can send their applications to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your CV to HR office on or before Tuesday 24th August 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification
Coptic Hospital does not charge/accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.