Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Our client, Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern Africa, Southern Africa, West Africa, as well as the Middle East and Northern Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade system and to provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods.
FTA is seeking to recruit a results-driven and highly motivated leader to join this winning team as the Executive Director (ED).
Reporting to the FTA Board, the Executive Director will provide clear leadership to FTA ensuring financial sustainability and strategic growth, develop FTA presence and profile in Africa by increasing membership and enhancing services to members through strategic and operational delivery of the strategic plan, act as an ambassador for FTA and champion the commercial needs of members and producers.
- Advise the Board on strategy, formulate a strategic plan and manage its progress;
- Develop an income strategy in conjunction with the Board to secure funding from a variety of sources;
- Lead and develop the fundraising strategy, identifying new income streams and products;
- Maintain a proactive relationship with the Board Chair and Board Subcommittees working with them to fulfill their duties and other responsibilities for the proper governance of FTA;
- Ensure that the organization has the right management systems and structures in place to carry out its work effectively, accountably, and safely and that professional standards are met;
- Provide leadership, motivation, support, and guidance to the senior team and build a culture of high performance, continual learning, and accountability throughout the organisation;
- Ensure the development of and drive the implementation of the overall communications strategy and a range of messaging for key audiences;
- Ensure the needs of members and producers are reflected both internally and externally. Act as a spokesperson for FTA, representing producer’s needs;
- Ensure the monitoring and evaluation of FTA programmes;
- Provide leadership and management oversight of FTA fiscal and programmatic operations;
- Ensure the overall financial health of the organisation in procedures with the Board; and
- Ensure the existence of a comprehensive human resources strategy and effective systems for the recruitment, induction, probation, training, development, and ongoing performance management of FTA staff.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Have a Master’s Degree in Agricultural Development/Economics, Rural Development, Development Studies or related field;
- Must have a minimum of 12 years senior-level management experience in a non-profit international organisation, with Board level interface;
- Have demonstrable experience of fundraising, organisational profile-raising, presenting to and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders in a variety of forums, and being the ‘public face’ of an organization;
- Possess extensive experience in building and maintaining positive relationships with staff, funders, statutory agencies, and other key stakeholders; and
- Have demonstrable knowledge of charity budgeting, principles of financial and management accounting, as well as an understanding of accounting principles for different funding sources.
If you believe you possess and can clearly demonstrate your ability in the required relevant criteria for the above role, please submit your application, including Authentic Certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, your curriculum vitae, details of the current position, current remuneration, as well as email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who can speak of your competence, character, and integrity.
For the full details about this position and how to apply, kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via
https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-search-recruitment.html .Email or hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. All applications MUST be submitted through the e- recruitment portal to be considered, and your application must be received by not later than Friday, 10th September 2021 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division Deloitte Consulting Limited
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing and sharing false academic certifcations will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.