Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
Overall Responsibility: The User Experience Designer is responsible to support project teams across the ICRC in enabling a human-centered design approach for both digital and non-digital projects.
Support ICT teams and field professionals in identifying user needs, understanding business requirements, and ensuring teamwork over departments to build user-centric solutions to complex problems.
S/he will lead teams and projects through the discovery, define, design, and deliver phases in the design process and support them from ideation, over prototyping, and testing until the implementation phase. This is a Kenya National Position.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Defining a User Experience approach for the various types of projects, integrated with the business analysis approach & change management strategy;
- Planning and leading workshops, interviews and other collection methods such as surveys;
- Ensuring a good understanding of the users and their context of use: identify the personas, their needs, motivations, preferences and working conditions;
- Gathering stakeholder requirements using techniques to break down barriers, communicate better and generate new insights;
- Planning and leading user research with methodologies including user tests, in-depth interviews, focus groups, ethnographic field studies and surveys;
- Facilitating ideation workshops with cross-disciplinary teams to translate research findings into product visions and design strategies;
- Applying the insights from user testing to make concrete product and feature decisions with the team;
- Creating low fidelity mock-ups for different types of products and services;
- Supporting the design of digital products and services with the right mix of human-centered design processes and tools;
- Crafting accessible, intuitive digital products and services by clearly understanding the business needs, the user needs and the technical feasibility;
- Deliverables include: facilitation of ideation workshops and design sprints, qualitative design research and documentation, market research and benchmarking of other products/services, competitive analysis report, Personas, user journeys & user flows, sitemap & Information architecture (sometimes hand in hand with BA), UX Wireframes and low fidelity mockups, Interactive, low fidelity prototypes to test with users (digital & analogue), Documentation of user insights for product decisions, Usage analytics reports.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- University degree in multimedia, graphic design or communication, Computer Science) or professional diploma in digital design/visual communication, human factors, computer interaction, behavioural psychology;
- Certification in Design, User Experience Design or similar;
- 8 -10 years professional experience in the field of Design, including 5-7 in UX Design role;
- Experience in facilitating high-level interactive workshops;
- Experience with user research and agile project methodologies;
- Experience running design sprints and design thinking workshops;
- Experience in creating low and high-fidelity prototypes;
- Experience with creating product/service strategies and product visions;
- Experience performing usability testing sessions and using the insights to make product decisions;
- Experience building and scaling a design system from scratch;
- Agile certification, project management, or business analysis certification is a plus;
- Proven experience working with global teams in a large organization or on global products;
- Certificate of good conduct.
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 03rd September 2021 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
– E-mail: email@example.com
The reference Software/Prototype developer must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practice your profession in stimulating, complex and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can really make a difference. You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness and innovation in order to achieve the best possible impact, often with limited resources.
You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times. You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, in order to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, we follow the information notice as explained via the following link:https://www.icrc.org/en/document/personal-data-protection-information.