Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reference Number: LS-N-13-8-21
Employment Type: Full time
Category: Statistics and Computing
Job Grade: 8.01
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is one of the leading research centres in Africa. The Programme engages in a wide range of research on the main causes of ill health in Africa.
In addition, KWTRP has a strong commitment towards developing local research leadership. Most of the capacity building activities at KWTRP are managed through the Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (IDeAL) with funding from the Wellcome Trust and DFID. The aim of IDeAL is to strengthen research capacity in Africa through research training schemes ranging from attachments for school leavers and undergraduates, Postgraduate Diploma, Masters, PhD studentships and postdoctoral fellowships.
We are now seeking to appoint a statistician who will provide effective statistical coordination and support for on-going projects and training for scientists and students at the KWRTP Nairobi programme.
REPORTS TO: Nairobi Programme Director
INDIRECTLY REPORTS TO: PI’s
- Provide statistical support for Programme scientists and students at all stages of research projects – from proposal writing to data analysis and publication
- Work together with other statisticians at KWRTP to develop and manage statistical training packages for students and staff.
- Propose new approaches of analysing existing datasets within the Programme.
- Work with data management teams to ensure proper archiving of data arising from students’ research work.
- A Masters’ degree in Mathematics, Statistics, biostatistics and competencies in areas of relevance to the topic under study i.e. Epidemiology, Biology or equivalent. A PHD and a minimum of one (1) year experience is an added advantage and will be placed on grade KWT 9.01
- Proven record of quantitative research and analytical skills along with advanced research experience in data analysis and/or statistical methods.
- Experience of and demonstrated success in modeling using at least one of the following programming languages: Stata, Python, R.
- Experience in teaching or supervising statistics students is an added advantage
- Keen interest in research
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Excellent teaching skills with ability to simplify complex concepts
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Team working skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
Requires flexibility in the hours worked, with the priority being meeting the team’s research goals
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 27TH AUGUST 2021
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).