Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, relentlessly innovate to ensure both impact & health system strengthening. At Living Goods, you will have the opportunity to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative environment, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive here at Living Goods.
Living Goods is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us build functional systems that improve our core operations. As the DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and building IT infrastructure, install and configure solutions, implement reusable components, translate technical requirements, assist with all stages of testing, develop interface stubs and simulators and perform script maintenance and updates. You will be responsible for building automated deployments through the use of configuration management technology, deploy new modules and upgrades and implement fixes within the production environment. You will also be required to make modules ready for production, which entails moving them according to specific procedures and documenting these processes. Ultimately, you will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately and securely.
DevOps Engineer will take the ownership of deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet stakeholders needs. Being part of tech team, you will evaluate existing applications and platforms, give recommendations for enhancing performance via gap analysis, identifying the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications. You will maintain the routine application maintenance tasks accomplished via strategy-building techniques. DevOps Engineer will also help create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance, troubleshooting existing information systems for errors and resolving those errors.
- Utilize various open source technologies
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions i.e. Continuous Integration Tools
- Build independent web-based tools, microservices and solutions
- Write scripts and automation using Bash/Java/Python
- Implement integrations requested by software engineering team
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve deployment cycle
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Configure and manage data sources RDBS and noSQL
- Understand how various systems work
- Understand how IT operations are managed
- Manage source control including SVN and GIT
- Maintain team and project management tools such as Agile Manager or Agile Bench
- BSc or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 4-6 years of experience in managing Linux based infrastructure
- 4 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- 2+ years of hands-on experience of AWS, Docker and Elasticsearch
- Demonstrable experience of continuous integration tools like Bamboo or Jenkins
- Good knowledge of shell scripting or Java or Python
- Proven expertise in Kubernetes, Selenium and Ansible
- Working knowledge of databases both RDBS and noSQL
- Problem-solving attitude
- Team spirit and team player
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of undeserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test innovative ideas every day.
If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humour, you will thrive at Living Goods.
How to Apply
If you are excited about the position, you possess the necessary qualification and experience; please submit your CV and Cover letter via our Careers Page Check out http://www.livinggoods.org/careers.