Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI is currently seeking to fill a vacancy for the Kenya Crops & Dairy Market Systems (KCDMS) Activity which is part of the Feed the Future program, America’s initiative to combat global hunger and poverty. In this regard, USAID is partnering with RTI International on a 5-year (Oct 2017 to Sept 2022) cooperative agreement – KCDMS Activity – to help increase agricultural production and reduce poverty and malnutrition in Kenya. The project will also spur competitive, resilient market systems in Kenya’s horticulture and dairy sectors. We seek to recruit a short-term Procurement Officer to be based in the Nairobi office.
The Procurement Officer is responsible for communicating with suppliers and procuring project material and services with guidance from the procurement Specialist. She/he will work with procurement Specialist in soliciting the procurement requirements from suppliers and carry out procurement practice with integrity through fair and open competition. In addition, she/he will demonstrate compliance with applicable requirements (RTI policies, USAID/FAR regulations) and ensure that the technical efforts in procurement adhere to the standard operating procedures and good business practice. She/he in collaboration with the Procurement Specialist, will support the timely and effective implementation of project’s technical scope of work and aligned to the global or regional agreements where available. The day-to-day activity of this position encompasses all aspects of supply chain from supplier identification to delivery and post procurement support such as vendors payment.
She/he will work in an operations team that includes Finance, Administration, Human Resource, GTS and Field Administration team. S/he will collaborate with technical and grants teams. She/he will be expected to contribute to resolution of issues, resource management, planning and procurement.
In collaboration and under the direction of the Procurement Specialist, the Procurement Officer will;
- Ensure compliance with the applicable RTI procurement policies and procedures, contractual terms, USAID’s rules and regulation.
- Prepare Tax exemption documents in accordance with USAID cooperating country rules and regulations.
- Call out for Request for Quotations (RFQs), Expression of Interest (EOI) as required and coordinate the tender opening exercise.
- Assist in the evaluation and negotiation of payments and credit terms for all new and existing suppliers.
- Maintain procurement files both hard and soft in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Perform the vendor prequalification exercise, and contracts renewals.
- Participant in the identification and selection process for suitable residential / office spaces for leasing, as applicable.
- Contracts/ leases and agreements administration; monitor to ensure contract terms are adhered to and track Local Purchase Order (LPO) / contracts performance periods.
- Assist with maintenance of the procurement status report.
- Ensure satisfactory delivery of goods/services and within the required timelines.
- Support the payments cycle by providing inputs for Cash Management Request (CMR) prepare and submit of all the procurement paperwork required for payments processing.
- Support the preparation of projects’ procurement plans and periodically prepare project procurement reports.
- Update procurement tools such as the Short-term Independent Contractor (STIC) & Consultancy
- Agreements Tracker, the LPOs and Requisitions Tracker as well as the Contracts Register.
- Maintain vendor quality assurance programs.
- Provide draft responses to grievances brought forward by the suppliers
- Support with preparation of sub award and in-kind procurements
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in procurement/ supply Chain Management or business-related field.
- 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certificate(s) in Procurement from a recognized institution or organization – CIPS or KISM
- Experience with USAID-funded projects preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and procurement software
- Strong organizational, reporting and management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team
- Demonstrated success managing and leading technical and administrative teams
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to coordinate activities with officials from host country government, US Government, NGO’s, and other partners
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience in general business administration and financial management
- Willingness to travel to the field offices.
How To Apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Those who are available immediately are encouraged to apply.
RTI does not permit any payment requests demanded during any part of the hiring process. If such requests are made, please report it to the RTI Ethics Office via HRethics@rti.org. Any candidate making any payment will be disqualified from consideration for future employment with RTI.