Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title: Programme Officer – Inclusion Works
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract: 9 month Fixed Term Contract ( assuming start date of 1st Oct)
Salary: Local terms and conditions will apply
Sightsavers are excited to be offering opportunity to join our Kenyan Country Office team as a Programme Officer (Inclusion Works) that will enhance the quality of our Inclusion Works Project, which focuses in the economic empowerment of persons with disabilities. The position will ensure the programme is planned, implemented, coordinated, monitored and evaluated to the highest quality standards.
As the Programme Officer you will work with the UK Inclusion Works team and all members of the consortia to coordinate implementation of activities and manage all aspects of the programme cycle with the partners including effective planning, start-up, monitoring and evaluation, and financial and asset management.
The Programme Officer will liaise and work with the Global Technical Lead and other internal expertise, coordinate with Monitoring and Evaluation Leads for the implementation of M&E systems for the programme and all MEL aspects of the programme as the in-country MEL point person.
Other duties of the Programme Officer include:
- Building effective partner relationships and support long-term relationships that go beyond the duration of the project
- Support partners to identify their own technical and organizational capacity building needs
- Promote shared learning and collaboration between partners by facilitating partner networks and
- Assist programme partners in the preparation of budgets and
- Monitor expenditure of project financial resources in liaison with the Finance and Support Services Manager (FSSM) and the Programme
- Be proactive in providing good quality information on case studies and interesting news stories relating to the programme to support preparation of fundraising materials and advocacy materials
- Ensure that the Inclusion Works Project Management Unit, (based in the UK) receives appropriate materials and information to support donor-reporting requirements.
- Participate in all communication activities related to disability inclusive employment and employment in general, education and social inclusion e.g. World Sight Day, Person with Disabilities Day, etc.
- Represent Sightsavers and the Inclusion Works consortium in programme and disability-related meetings, and advocate for Sightsavers’ philosophy and policies
As the successful candidate you will have demonstrable experience with labour market issues, possess a tertiary qualification (or equivalent) in social sciences, education, development studies, public health, or any other relevant area. You will be familiar with national legislation and policies in the field of disability, human rights and empowerment, and have significant experience implementing programmes, including a background with the disability sector and gender mainstreaming. Knowledge and experience of designing, managing and carrying out advocacy work for social inclusion/disability programmes is also required.
Sightsavers works to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes, and where people with disabilities participate equally in society.
We are truly committed to creating an inclusive culture which values and recognises diversity as something that will only ever make an organisation better. We encourage anyone to apply who possesses the qualities and behaviours outlined or who believes they have the propensity to learn them fast. You will be joining an inclusive and supportive team who welcome people from all backgrounds.
How To Apply