Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req19690
Job Title: Coordinator: Signpost for Afghans
Sector: Emergency Response
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Not Applicable
Signpost is a digitally enabled responsive information service that supports and empowers populations in crisis, including asylum seekers, migrants, and people who have experienced violence. Our program equips people with information to understand their options so that they can make informed decisions about how to stay safe, get urgent care for acute problems, exercise their rights, and access services. It was developed by the IRC and Mercy Corps in 2015 to address asylum seekers’ and migrants’ pressing need for reliable information upon arrival to Greece, and is now active in 13 countries on 5 continents.
It meets communities on the digital platforms they already use and aims to deliver information that is contextualized to their specific needs and speaks to their lived realities. This approach draws on evidence that people are more likely to trust and act on information that is responsive to their needs, speaks to their lived realities, and that comes from “peers” rather than authority figures.
Signpost for Afghans
In recent weeks, the withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan has enabled a rapid and expansive advance of Taliban forces. In response the US, UK, Canadian, and other governments have opened new pathways for refugee resettlement, visas, or humanitarian parole. Information about these pathways and associated processes is constantly evolving, and misunderstandings are widespread. IRC is launching its Signpost program in order to offer information to people inside and outside of Afghanistan on their rights and options. Content and accompanying individual support will be offered in English, Dari and Pashto so that people can make informed decisions for themselves and their family.
S/he leads a team comprised of 4 Digital Community Liaisons and a Content Development Officer and works closely with regional, HR, and Signpost teams.
The Signpost Coordinator will have overall responsibility for launching and growing this project, including:
Oversee public information platform
· S/he will oversee all information published on public platforms.
· S/he keeps abreast of changing policy, context, and resettlement pathways.
· S/he triangulates official information and consults various sources to understand how processes are unfolding
· S/he coordinates translations of content into Dari and Pashto
· Develop and manage relationships with third-party content creators and information services. Ensure third-party content receives appropriate technical review when posting or linking.
· Maintain ongoing communication with Signpost Product Manager on website design, features, and problems.
· Maintain knowledge of, and ensure staff is trained on, editorial team tools including content management systems (Contentful and custom CMS, Google tools), social media tools (Facebook, Facebook Ad Manager, Page Manager and Instagram) and project management tools (Trello, Transifex and Slack).
· Coordinate internally between IRC US Resettlement Team and HR team to follow policy changes and IRC positioning.
· Coordinate with other organizations who are making referrals into the P-2 program for current and former Afghan personnel in order to understand and help share information on their processes.
· Network and collaborate closely with related programs to build stronger and broader networks
· Represent Signpost at conferences and in interagency meetings.
Oversee information services and workflow interactions with HR
· S/he will oversee the work of Digital Community Liaisons, ensuring that messages from users are answered in a timely fashion and in line with best practice, and that referrals follow appropriate protocol.
· Coordinate workflow with Global HR, ensuring smooth referrals to HR colleagues for qualifying Signpost users, (namely current and former IRC personnel) and recommend adjustments to workflows as needed.
· Continuously assess staffing needs and propose changes or develop new roles as needed.
· Knowledge of resettlement processing or procedures related to asylum claims.
· Experience managing partnerships and stakeholders across organizations highly desired, including designing partnership models and assessing partner organization capacities.
· Knowledge of social media strategies and journalism a plus.
· Self-starter — must be productive with minimal direction and flexible to sudden changes in requirements
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; proven ability to successfully work in a fast-paced environment within and across departments/functions/geographic locations, and develop positive relationships with locally and remote based staff
The successful candidate will be extremely proactive, detail-oriented and organized. S/he values accurate and error-free reporting above all. S/he is self-directed and optimally completes tasks. S/he is diplomatic and able to work with a range of peers. S/he is computer-savvy and quick to learn new tools. S/he has a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability and regularly seeks opportunities for collaboration. S/he thrives in evolving and changing environments.