Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req19691
Job Title: CRRD/Emergencies and Humanitarian Action Unit
Sector: Emergency Response
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Not Applicable
Signpost is a digitally enabled responsive information service that supports and empowers populations in crisis, including asylum seekers, migrants, and people who have experienced violence. Our program equips people with information to understand their options so that they can make informed decisions about how to stay safe, get urgent care for acute problems, exercise their rights, and access services. It was developed by the IRC and Mercy Corps in 2015 to address asylum seekers’ and migrants’ pressing need for reliable information upon arrival to Greece, and is now active in 12 countries on 5 continents.
It meets communities on the digital platforms they already use and aims to deliver information that is contextualized to their specific needs and speaks to their lived realities. This approach draws on evidence that people are more likely to trust and act on information that is responsive to their needs, speaks to their lived realities, and that comes from “peers” rather than authority figures.
Signpost for Afghans
In recent weeks, the withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan has enabled a rapid and expansive advance of Taliban forces. In response the US, UK, Canadian, and other governments have opened new pathways for refugee resettlement, visas, or humanitarian parole. Information about these pathways and associated processes is constantly evolving, and misunderstandings are widespread. IRC is launching its Signpost program in order to offer information to people inside and outside of Afghanistan on their rights and options. Content and accompanying individual support will be offered in English, Dari and Pashto so that people can make informed decisions for themselves and their family.
The Content Development Officer brings journalistic rigor, social media savvy, and knowledge of content optimization to information products created to help Afghans understand their rights and options related to legal pathways for relocation. They will have primary responsibility for developing, adapting, and repurposing content as digital, user-friendly information for the Signpost platform and maintaining social media marketing strategies to reach the target audience.
Main responsibilities are organizing and editing information for publication and managing social media posting. S/he is tasked with ensuring content is accurate, complete, easy to understand, and engaging.
The Content Development Officer is also responsible for using our content management system and other tools to usher content from the first draft through editing and translation and ultimately to its final, published form. Additionally, the Content Development Officer will ensure photo database, style guide and editorial calendar are up to date.
● S/he will keep abreast of various resettlement pathways, humanitarian visas, etc., including American, Canadian, and European pathways, as well as those of neighboring countries.
● S/he will ensure that all updates are reflected them on the public facing site ASAP and in the private communications staff have through Signpost.
● S/he will oversee all information published on public platforms, ensuring that information content is up-to-date.
● S/he keeps abreast of changing context and resettlement pathways.
● S/he triangulates official information and consults various sources to understand how processes are unfolding
● S/he oversees translations of content into Dari and Pashto
● Define, implement and monitor digital advertising campaign
● Continuously monitor web and social media performance indicators, flag criticalities and propose improvements to the communication and marketing strategy
● Work with ICT team to resolve technical issues across platforms.
Knowledge and Experience
● BA/BS or equivalent experience in multimedia journalism, digital communications or other relevant field
● 2-5 years of reporting, writing and editing experience, including for online platforms and social media.
● Video and photo production be considered an advantage.
● Basic knowledge of graphic design software
● Basic knowledge of video and photo editing
● Good understanding of the digital landscape, social media platforms and what makes digital content work.
● Experience using a content management system for a website or blog.
● Knowledge of refugee issues desired.
● Ability to work independently with remote management.
● Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence.
● Fluency in English required, knowledge of Dari or Pashto a plus.
The successful Content Development Officer will be extremely proactive, detail-oriented and organized. S/he values accurate and error-free reporting above all. S/he is self-directed and reliably completes tasks. S/he shows digital curiosity and interest for social issues campaigning. S/he is diplomatic and able to work with a range of peers. S/he is computer-savvy and quick to learn new tools. S/he has a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability and regularly seeks opportunities for collaboration. S/he thrives in evolving and changing environments.