Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req19692
Job Title: Digital Community Liaison
Sector: Emergency Response
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Not Applicable
Signpost is a digitally enabled responsive information service that supports and empowers populations in crisis, including asylum seekers, migrants, and people who have experienced violence. Our program equips people with information to understand their options so that they can make informed decisions about how to stay safe, get urgent care for acute problems, exercise their rights, and access services. It was developed by the IRC and Mercy Corps in 2015 to address asylum seekers’ and migrants’ pressing need for reliable information upon arrival to Greece, and is now active in 13 countries on 5 continents.
It meets communities on the digital platforms they already use and aims to deliver information that is contextualized to their specific needs and speaks to their lived realities. This approach draws on evidence that people are more likely to trust and act on information that is responsive to their needs, speaks to their lived realities, and that comes from “peers” rather than authority figures.
Signpost for Afghans
In recent weeks, the withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan has enabled a rapid and expansive advance of Taliban forces. In response the US, UK, Canadian, and other governments have opened new pathways for refugee resettlement, visas, or humanitarian parole. Information about these pathways and associated processes is constantly evolving, and misunderstandings are widespread. IRC is launching its Signpost program in order to offer information to people inside and outside of Afghanistan on their rights and options. Content and accompanying individual support will be offered in English, Dari and Pashto so that people can make informed decisions for themselves and their family.
Digital Community Liaisons interact with people on messaging applications, email or social media, helping them navigate information on our platforms, clarify and share information and lend a friendly, empathetic ear.
● Reply to messages and comments received with the help of a team of experts and moderation guidelines.
● Follow protocol to escalate any communication from especially vulnerable or sensitive cases
● Feedback on (and translate into English if required) representative and noteworthy comments and track trends in conversation and information gaps.
● Share opinions, feedback, cultural awareness, contextual knowledge, and learning with the wider team on an ongoing basis.
● Analyze information gaps to feed into future content creation.
● Keep up to date with all the new information that we put out on an ongoing basis and attend regular trainings as required.
Knowledge and Expertise
● Experience working with or refugees or migrants OR lived experience with displacement or the immigration system.
● High emotional intelligence
● An understanding of the subtlety of language and an ability to apply communication guidelines in written responses.
● Respect for people of all walks of life.
● A typing speed of 30 words per minute.
● Strong computer proficiency and well acquainted with basic software tools – can navigate autonomously in Windows, Android, Skype, Microsoft Suite and Google docs.
● Fantastic attention to detail.
● Knowledge of social media platforms, especially Facebook, and cultural use of these platforms.
● Fluent Dari and/or Pashto and excellent level of English (B2 or higher).