Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reported to the Head of Treasury and Corporate Finance, the ideal candidate will design and implement a cost-effective insurance program that enhances financial stability and business continuity to achieve profitability and design and direct claims handling policies and procedures that enhance customer satisfaction for service recovery and to obtain customer loyalty.
Key accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- Determine the level and range of insurance cover required in all Company locations to protect the Company’s asset base.
- Develop selection and performance criteria for Insurance markets, insurers, brokers, lawyers, loss adjusters to enhance financial security and quality of service.
- Monitor developments to ensure insurance program reflects actual status in terms of operational services, new routes, new equipment, and new legislation.
- Identify and pursue options to minimize insurance costs to obtain coverage against risk at reasonable costs.
- Direct review of policy wordings to ascertain that policy provisions deliver the required quality of cover.
- Ensure conformity of claims handling policies and procedures to applicable international conventions, regional and domestic regulations to avoid exposure to litigation and penalties.
- Direct and monitor standards observed in the handling of customers to enhance service recovery throughout the network.
- Monitor insurance accounts and cost centre budget to ensure accurate reporting and achievement of the company’s cost control objectives.
- Ensure claims against insurers and third parties are settled promptly and arrange for direct funding of costs by underwriters where possible to improve cash flow.
- Directing scrutiny of contract terms provisions to identify and address risk exposure and ensure compliance with insurance contractual obligations therein.
- Develop, supervise, and coach the assigned staff to enhance performance and build capacity.
Knowledge, Skills, and experience
- Graduate qualification in Commerce (Insurance option).
- 10 Years’ experience in Insurance and claims. experience in Aviation Insurance is an added advantage.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people with a range of technical and business acumen.
- Full ACII Qualification.
- IATA Diploma in Aviation Law is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of aviation insurance market.
- Appreciation of the application of international aviation law.
- Appreciation of civil court procedures.
- Team player.
- High degree of honesty and integrity.
- Strategic thinking.
- Results oriented.
- Analytical thinking.
- Strategic influencing.
- Customer insight.
- Personal Motivation.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications attaching the curriculum vitae via LinkedIn or through email, quoting the position title in the subject of your email to Recruitment@kenya-airways.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.