Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The purpose of the Finance Manager is to be responsible that the financial set-up is according to NRC standards and to support programme/project implementation.
The following are the main responsibilities connected to the role:
- Ensure that country set up adheres to the Financial Handbook, NRC policies, and donor and auditor requirements
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
- Management of financial team
- Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Implement the anti-corruption policy
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the countr strategy
- Build the wider team of finance staff through regular support and capacity building
- Provide analysis of financial position for the Country Director as required
- Ensure anti-corruption training and risk-mapping is undertaken regularly
- Assist the Country Director with other responsibilities
- Part of the Country Management Group
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Bachelor degree and CPA qualification
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of the refugee context in Kenya
- Experience of leadership in CMG or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of compliance and anti-corruption including investigation procedures
For more information, here is the Detailed Job Description.
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Type of Contract: 12 months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for position
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
09/05/2021, 04:28 PM
This position is open to qualified Kenyan Nationals only.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.