Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Eldoret Water and Sanitation Company (ELDOWAS) is a Water Services Provider operating in Uasin Gishu County licensed by the Water Services Regulator Board.
The Company intends to recruit a visionary and dynamic leader for the position of Managing Director as detailed below:
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The Managing Director is responsible for the efficient management of the affairs of the company. He is responsible for the day operations and administration of the company in consultation with the Board. He is required to provide overall leadership to the company and guide its strategic direction so as to ensure achievement of the set goals and objectives.
- Carrying out the day to day business of the Company.
- Developing of and recommending to the Board the long term strategy, business plans and annual operating budgets; and establishing proper internal monitoring and control systems and procedures;
- Coordinating and preparing business related proposals, reports and other submissions for consideration by the
- Ensuring that there is effective communication between the management and the Board as well as between different levels of
- Providing leadership to the
- Ensure compliance with tax, financial and other reporting statutory
- Develop tariffs and pricing strategies for water services and drive all business development
- Attending to personnel matters including organizational structures, appointments, welfare, training, industrial relations separation and effective management succession plans;
- Ensuring continuous achievement of the Company’s financial and operating goals and
- Overseeing and ensuring implementation of corporate policies and
- Maintaining a conducive work environment for attracting, retaining and motivating employees;
- Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizenship;
- Acting as the principal spokesperson of the Company;
- Ensuring compliance with the laws of the country; and,
- Any other responsibilities as may be necessary to achieve the Company’s
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Engineering, Economics, Finance, Commercial Law or a related
- Professional management qualifications – membership to a relevant professional body in good standing will be an added
- Over twelve (12) years relevant working experience seven (7) of which should have been in senior management of a large and busy Experience from organizations with a strong core business in the Water business will be an added advantage.
- Broad knowledge of economics, finance, corporate governance and water services management and trends at national, regional and international levels, including in-depth understanding of water management in the global
- Strong leadership and skills to foster teamwork; develop and motivate staff, resolve conflicts as well as ability to provide direction, guidance, momentum and vision in order to achieve organizational
- Strong communication and presentation skills in both English and Kiswahili, including ability to develop proposals, concept papers, position papers as well as write reports and prepare relevant
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to
- Strong expertise in strategic management, project planning and budgeting, resource& performance management, implementation as well as monitoring and
- Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, data base, spreadsheets, accounting packages, internet and relevant workflow process program
- Ability to analyze and interpret operational, economic and financial data and apply management principles and practices in making sound business
- Ability to develop and implement performance management systems, giving candid performance feedback, rewarding desirable behavior and providing support to professional development efforts linked to strategic
- Ability to empower staff by removing obstacles hindering the achievement of strategic objectives, focusing on results and delivering what is promised, on time and within
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender
- Ability to initiate and implement planned organizational change, adapt to rapidly changing conditions in the environments as well as align programmes in the appropriate direction with cohesiveness and a sense of
- Ability to inform and influence the Shareholder’s position regarding the formulation and implementation of financial policy touching on water.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below by enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications, relevant experience and attach copies of certificates.
Applications may also be deposited at our Head Office, Off Kambi Somali Road next to Coca Cola or posted to:
Eldoret Water and Sanitation Company LTD
P.O. Box 8418-30100
Applications may also be deposited at our Head Office, off Kambi Somali Road next to Coca Cola or posted to: The Chairman Eldoret Water and Sanitation Company LTD P.O. Box 8418-30100 ELDORET
Note: All Applications should be received not later than Friday 3rd September 2021 at 1600Hrs
Compliance with the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya is mandatory.
Eldoret Water and Sanitation Company is an equal opportunity employer and the marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.