Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To strengthen its Academic and Student Affairs Division, KeMU wishes to recruit a suitable applicant to the position of The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic and Student Affairs). Successful candidate will be expected to play a leading role in the implementation of the envisaged transformation process, mainly in the management of teaching, learning and research.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
• Provide vision and leadership for all University academic activities and strategic planning, including oversight of the academic, research and student affairs budget.
• Ensure effective management and implementation of academic and research activities in the University.
• Ensure satisfactory customer experience.
• Provide leadership and supervisory oversight to the academic staff and students.
• Prepare and present teaching and research programs to the Senate for approval and oversee implementation.
• Develop and implement quality assurance policy.
• Promote a learning environment that is supportive of the University mission and vision through student-centered services.
• Work closely with other Deputy Vice Chancellors (APF) on staff development, training and research programmes.
• Guide Chairpersons of Departments, Deans of schools and Directors of Campuses on running of academic programmes.
• Co-ordinate examinations, admissions, registration of students, and general student campus life.
• Ensure that the University Senate is properly advised in the development of academic programmes in conformity with ethical standards and legally recognized professional bodies.
• Facilitate the development, review, and revision of academic programmes in line with the University Vision and Strategic Plan.
• Develop internal and external academic linkages with industry, institutions and other relevant bodies that benefit the university in one way or another.
• Spearhead fundraising initiatives in the Division including scholarships and grants.
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor from time to time.
The applicant must have the following qualifications and experience:
• Be a holder of an earned PhD from an accredited and recognized university.
• At least ten (10) years’ experience in a senior academic and management position at a university, or with proven experience in executive leadership position in an institution of comparable status.
• Have thorough knowledge in the structural, legislative and regulatory framework for administering University Education in Kenya.
• Have good understanding of Governance structures, strategic planning and Vision 2030.
• Must demonstrate proven experience in policy making, strategic planning, developing and implementation of relevant and quality market driven academic programmes.
• Able to promote institutional linkages and scholarship.
• Must show good understanding for the promotion of learning, excellence in teaching, research and innovation.
• Must have a good track record of successful change management.
• Must have a track record in resource mobilization
• Be of highest ethical standards, integrity, accountability and professionalism, teamwork and stewardship, and comply with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
• Be a committed Christian.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send three (3) copies of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and any other relevant testimonials.
1. An electronic copy in PDF format to the Vice Chancellor through email address firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Three hard copies marked as per the position should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P. O. Box 267 – 60200
To be received on or before 9t h September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to bring the following:
i. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
ii. Higher Education Loans Board certificate.
iii. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission clearance.
iv. Credit Reference Bureau clearance.
v. Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
vi. Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
All the positions above require individuals who are committed to Christian values and are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.