Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Methodist University (KeMU) is a private university which aspires to be a leading University in academics, research and societal transformation. To strengthen its Administrative, Planning and Development Division, KeMU wishes to recruit a suitable candidate to the position of Deputy Vice–Chancellor, Administration, Planning and
Finance. The successful candidate will be expected to play a leading role in the implementation of the envisaged transformation process, mainly in the management of human, physical, financial resources and in resource mobilization for the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Deputy Vice Chancellor, Administration, Planning and Finance will be the Principal assistant to the Vice Chancellor in the day to day running of the Administration, Planning, Development and Finance functions of the University.
His/her responsibility will include:
• Providing vision and leadership for all University administrative activities and strategic planning, including oversight of the administrative and development budget.
• Spearhead fundraising initiatives including grants and developing partnership with donors.
• Implement procurement, financial control policies and procedures to ensure effective performance and delivery of services.
• Coordinate the design, implementation, revision and evaluation of the University’s strategic plan.
• Develop appropriate procedures and ensure compliance with all statutory and legal requirements in general administration and finance within the University.
• Develop systems and procedures to attract, develop and retain qualified and experienced staff, manage the appraisal system and ensure good work ethos and adherence to KeMU’s code of conduct.
• Develop and oversee the implementation of the University plans and budget.
• Manage the University Performance Contracting function.
• Prudently and soundly administer the University finances.
• Take charge of Human Resource Management (Staff recruitment, retention, & Development).
• Manage catering and accommodation services.
• Ensure provision of healthcare services for staff and students.
• Manage Central Estates and Transport services.
• Coordinate and oversight other non-fee income generating activities
• Ensure satisfactory customer experience.
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor from time to time.
The suitable candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
• Be a holder of an earned PhD from an accredited and recognized university.
• At least ten years’ experience in a senior academic and management position at university level, or with proven experience in executive leadership position in an institution of comparable status.
• Proven record of resource mobilization and financial management.
• Evidence of professional training in leadership, management and governance.
• Experience in institutional leadership that will spearhead the realization of the University Vision.
• Have a successful track record in the management of financial, human and physical resources at top management level.
• Demonstrate evidence of outstanding communication ability, coupled with excellent presentation skills.
• Conversant with national laws, policies in education and National and International Visions.
• Demonstrate a high degree of result oriented performance characterized by foresight, strategic thinking and service delivery.
• Proven experience in change management and transformation of ideas into desired outcomes.
• Be of the highest ethical standards and professionalism in line with Chapter VI of the Kenya Constitution.
• Be a committed Christian.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send three (3) copies of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and any other relevant testimonials.
1. An electronic copy in PDF format to the Vice Chancellor through email address firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Three hard copies marked as per the position should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P. O. Box 267 – 60200
To be received on or before 9t h September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to bring the following:
i. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
ii. Higher Education Loans Board certificate.
iii. Ethics and Anti–Corruption Commission clearance.
iv. Credit Reference Bureau clearance.
v. Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
vi. Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
All the positions above require individuals who are committed to Christian values and are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.