Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Director, KeMU Holdings Services Limited, this position is responsible for efficient Management of the University Farm.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To Manage the University farm as a profitable enterprise
• To coordinate all activities and operations of the farm
• To prepare farm budget and work plans
• To ensure cost effectiveness and timely procurements of the farm inputs
• To evaluate and recommend the right farm enterprise mix
• Marketing and selling of farm produce
• Maintaining effective pest and diseases control for both crops and livestock
• Managing farm workers and casuals
• Protecting environment and maintaining biodiversity
• Maintenance of farm Infrastructure, machinery and equipment
• Practicing Climate Smart Agriculture
• Implementing short term Agricultural Trainings and outreach activities
• Ensuring farm activities comply with government regulations
• Monitoring animal health and welfare
• Applying health and safety standards across the farm
• Monitoring and documenting all produce and land use to meet funding
• Keeping up to date financial, and other farm records
• Accounting for revenue from the farm
Qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science or Agriculture or Horticulture or Agricultural
Engineering from a recognized institution
• Have at least five (5) years of relevant work experience in management of a busy
mixed farm enterprise and excellent work performance
• Must be registered with a relevant body
• Knowledge of Human Resource Management and budgeting will be a definite
• Have Technical and Practical competence in crop and livestock management
• Have good understanding of public procurement system and government
regulations related to farm activities
How to apply
Interested candidates should send three (3) copies of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and any other relevant testimonials.
1. An electronic copy in PDF format to the Vice Chancellor through email address firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Three hard copies marked as per the position should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P. O. Box 267 – 60200
To be received on or before 9th September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to bring the following:
i. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
ii. Higher Education Loans Board certificate.
iii. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission clearance.
iv. Credit Reference Bureau clearance.
v. Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
vi. Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
All the positions above require individuals who are committed to Christian values and are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.