Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager – Analytics System Support, the position holder will offer leading expert solutions and technical guidance in administration, service provision and availability of all the Safaricom Business Intelligence and analytics systems.
- Coding of all ETL and analytics processes used within the BI & Analytics systems;
- Development of reliable data ingestion and preparation processes;
- Planning and delivery of highly scalable distributed big data systems, using different open source technologies including but not limited to Hadoop;
- Design and development of front-end tier(s), middle tier(s), and /or back-end database tier(s) for business applications. Capturing of business applications information needs and mapping of the same to the software and /or database components;
- Performs data modeling to analyze and specify data structures within an application system;
- Perform the necessary technical design and development functionality to ensure that reporting needs can be effectively developed and implemented.
- Possession of DBA skills is a plus. Performing routine DBA tasks including operation, troubleshooting & performance tuning.
- Research and provide input on design approach, performance and base functionality improvements for various procedures and applications;
- Generation of ideas to improve efficiency in software and application services offered to the business, and/or generate revenue for business;
- Participation and membership in various technical fora for the purpose of increasing the collective knowledge base of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology related field.
- Advanced UNIX/LINUX, Python
- Advanced ETL knowledge in Informatica, ODI, SSIS
- Oracle certification in database administration or application development
- Microsoft certification: MCSD/ MCDBA is an added advantage
- MSc/MBA added advantage
- Working with relational databases such as MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle,
- Programming skills such as Java, C++.
How To Apply