Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
About the Role
The Finance Advisory Services (FAS) team is made up of in-country and global associates who are the trusted advisors to organizational leadership teams in the area of financial strategy, sustainability and scale. Taking vast amounts of financial data from budgets, spending patterns and projected work plans, FAS provides concise, relevant advice around how to allocate scarce resources to best achieve the country’s scale revenue, and impact. goals. The goal of our small group of financial consultants is complete financial sustainability to increase impact.
To help achieve this, the Global FAS Specialist will work across departments on accounting, budgeting, and quantitative analysis to give strategic advice. We are looking for someone good with numbers with a background in accounting. This a career track role where you will learn valuable skills in finance and accounting as well develop a management consulting toolkit. You will report to the Global Finance and Strategy Manager.
Budgeting and cost control:
- You will work with Global Department Heads to set annual budgets and manage monthly BVA process
- You will provide important assessment of all budgets and cost projections and conduct cost-benefit analyses for individual departments and the organization as a whole through examining current spending, financial forecasts, and overall goals to make recommendations and guide decisions.
- You will work with department heads to strategize ways to maximize cost efficiency at all levels without compromising quality and will roll out clear cost-saving programs with timelines and assessment goal
- you will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the interdependency of cost drivers
- You will present new strategies and assessments to stakeholders in compelling arguments
Monthly Payroll QC:
- You will conduct monthly payroll review of field and HQ staff and explain variances compared to previous month and compared to budget
- You will provide a high-level explanation of the variances to the CD prior to approving the payment request
Other projects as needed:
Finance point of contact – You will act as a representative between Finance and program teams and project manage a variety of finance-related projects by working to connect our FP&A, Accounting, and Treasury teams with country teams.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years work experience. Examples include experience in management consulting, working as a business or finance analyst.
- Good with numbers and providing quick, insightful analyses of the stories behind the numbers.
- Experience in financial modeling
- Strong skills in Excel (can perform complex functions).
- Experience with process design and implementation.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Language: English
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, paid time off. In addition to paid maternity and paternity leave, we offer additional benefits to new parents.
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya.
Women are encouraged to apply. We are committed to gender equity in our staff operations, representation, and experience. In 2020, women made up 40% of our clients and 44% of our total staff. We have and will continue to intentionally grow these numbers.
Application Deadline: 10 October 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
How To Apply