Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are pleased to announce the following vacant position in the IT Department. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person with a thorough knowledge and understanding of current thinking, and best innovation practices relating to automation and an awareness of emerging Information Communication Technology.
This person must also have up to date and detailed technical knowledge of business system applications that will help drive the organization’s innovation and efficient processes along with extensive growth and development.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the development and implementation of Information communication and Technology policies and procedures.
- Provide support in advising management on ICT Innovation Developments and Policy Issuesand their impact on the company’s operations and strategy.
- Support in preparing, reviewing and monitoring the ICT & Innovation budget and operating planto ensure effective implementation of the Strategy.
- Assist in overseeing the effective utilization and maintenance of the Information Communication and Technology to ensure resources invested in ICT and Innovation provide improvements to services and value for money.
- Support the department in guiding on proper planning, designing and evaluating ICT related initiatives that promote company’s strategic goals and operational business activities and decision-making.
- Continuously research on ICT innovations and provide Business Improvement opportunities for the various units.
- Researching and identifying solutions to software, hardware and Network issues and solving internet disconnections with the ISP provider.
- Work with the company ICT Systems Administrator to define the scope, goals and deliverables of ICT Innovations and initiatives.
- Together with ICT Systems Administrator, work with company business units to develop an integrated plan for execution of current and future ICT innovations.
- Assist in Conducting ICT Training Needs Analysis and develop training plans for staff.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues, including account set up, user registration and creating inventory and other system requests.
- Tracking system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits and ensuring all issues are properly logged.
- Managing and maintaining all office printers, including requesting for supplies when low.
- Installation and configuration of new computers with MS windows, MS office and other crucial software’s needed in daily office operations.
- Performing cloud backups through Google drive on all computers in the organization and assist in updating staff email signatures.
- Providing prompt and accurate and timely reports to your supervisor as well as feedback to management when required.
- Following up with staff to ensure their systems/hardware are fully functional after troubleshooting.
- Act as a change agent to drive automation forward by fostering collaboration with cross functional groups and teams.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related course.
- Three (3) years’ working experience as a systems administrator, ICT Support or in software development.
- Relevant experience in automation with successful track record of handling programs and building partnerships.
- At least 1 or more IT industry certifications e.g. CISCO CNNA, CompTIA A+,MCSE
- Experience with one or more version control systems
- Substantive knowledge of key issues and emerging trends in automation.
- Experience in negotiating with in depth knowledge of business requirements and IT processes.
- Ability to gather and analyse information or data on current and future trends of best practice.
- Ability to set and achieve clear objectives and deadlines to meet deliverables.
- Effective verbal, presentation, written and listening communication skills.
- Demonstrated high degree of interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to identify ongoing needs of internal and/or external clients.
- Ability to function in high security risk situations.
- Professional maturity and sensitivity to working within different cultures.
- Impeccable integrity as demonstrated through solid judgment.
If you believe you have high performance culture, positive mental attitude and are self-driven, then apply using the following link; https://optivenjobapi.optiven.co.ke/optivenJobAPI/public/ on or before 4th September 2021.
NB: We do not charge for job applications and interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification