Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Markets Trust is currently seeking to recruit potential candidates interested in the following positions for an anticipated 5–year USAID funded project dubbed Western Kenya Water Program. The program objective is to strengthen rural and urban water services provision and water resources management across 8 Western Kenya counties. The positions will be based in Kisumu.
Reporting to Water Services Technical Lead, the incumbent will be responsible for enforcing environmental compliance of the project activities, ensuring identification of potential impacts from the proposed activities and the identification of strategies to prevent and reduce those impacts in line with Kenya ́s national regulations, and USAID’s environmental requirements. S/he will also be responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of the supplemental Initial Environmental Examination (IEE), Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring Plan (EMMP), Environmental Status Report (ESR) and Climate Risk Management (CRM) screening and the diffusion of those documents among the staff.
Education & Experience
• A bachelors in environmental sciences, climate change, environmental planning and management, natural resources management, environmental Health and environmental engineering or related field.
• A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities, with relevant field-based experience in environment safeguarding and climate change resilient sectors.
• Registered with National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) to undertake EAIs.
• Membership with Environmental Institute of Kenya (EIK) is desired.
• Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in environment safeguarding.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Kenya environmental laws, procedures and guidelines.
• Experience and knowledge of water safety planning and disaster management plans for water utilities in line with WASREB and IWA guidelines.
How To Apply
If you are interested and meet the above qualifications, please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating names of at least three referees indicating the position title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for receiving applications is September 10, 2021.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.