Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
About the Role
We are seeking for an experienced monitoring and evaluation/ research professional with exceptional data and analytical skills to design and manage rapid evaluation projects in Kenya.
- Management of the M&E team: You will manage both the M&E Field and Data Coordinator to ensure timely and accurate completion of M&E objectives while maintaining data quality and excellent research standards.
- Research Design: You will collaborate with different stakeholders, both from in-country departments and global OAF teams, to identify research objectives and draft survey tools to collect information for our annual impact analysis and other strategic queries.
- Data Quality: You will uphold and improve data quality standards to ensure our impact evaluation and strategic decisions to improve our program are based on accurate and up-to-date information.
- Analysis: You will conduct analysis of the collected data using the Statistical Software package Stata. You will produce and present findings of simple statistical analysis.
- Reporting: You will report to your manager. You are expected to report on your work in a clear and professional fashion.
- System development: You are expected to lead M&E system and process development, create a framework, and draft procedures for M&E project activities.
- Budget: You are expected to monitor expenses to prevent overspending and draft project budgets and an annual budget that allows the department to accomplish its project goals and departmental responsibilities.
- Other: Additional tasks as requested by manager.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years practically completing analysis within Stata
- Intermediate to advanced training in Stata
- Experience with survey execution
- People management
- Knowledge of study design approaches
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
Eligibility: This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya.
How To Apply
Application Deadline: 14 November 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.