Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
About the Role
The Field Operations Department (FOP) exists to support the performance of the Kenya Field Program which is a 2,700-person Field Force, spread across 5 regions. The FOP Department cultivates this workforce to independently achieve sustained food security within their community. The Strategy Associate role, reporting to the Regional Manager, develops an understanding of business strategy, optimizes performance management systems to upskill our Field Force for increased ownership of improved farmer profit and quality of life.
- Achieve regional performance targets, including SROI, sales, collections, and net promoter score
- Lead data analytics projects that support decision-making
- Support annual budgeting for your operational region and lead cost efficiency plays
- Achieve outcomes of projects to improve regional performance
- Simplify Field Force engagement to reduce operational costs and narrow workforce focus while not losing impact, sales, collections, and net promoter score outcomes
- Develop contingencies for sales and financing
- Improve client experience in the region
- Manage performance outcomes through improved client behavior in planting compliance, soil health, tree adoption, and optimized agronomy
- Represent regions in high-level discussions at country level
- Embody One Acre Fund values and invest in a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience building performance culture with a large team
- Experience with complex strategy
- 3+ years experience in an operational role
- Experience analyzing complex data
- Commitment to live and work in rural areas of East African for at least two years
- Language competency: English is required. Swahili-speakers encouraged to apply.
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Kakamega or Kisumu, Kenya
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya.
How To Apply
Application Deadline: 29th September 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.