Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
In a mutually convenient location to manage either the Mt. Kenya region, or Nyanza region.
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
About the Role
One Acre Fund is operating a growing number of rural retail outlets. As One Acre Fund’s Rural Retail Regional Associate in Kenya, you will drive performance across shops within your region. you will work closely with all members of the Rural Retail Department to support the smooth running of their daily work. You will be the direct manager of, initially, up to 3 area supervisors in a geographical location, who in turn manage up to 15 shops. Your work will be essential to the success of these retail outlets. You will report directly to the Duka Operations Lead.
- Achieve regional targets, including (but not limited to) revenue, customer numbers and customer satisfaction;
- Team and performance management: The team include Duka Area Managers, who in turn each manage a group of Duka Officers and Deputy Duka Officers;
- Manage the training of the Duka Area Supervisors, Duka Officers and their assistants within your allocated group;
- Set growth and sales strategy and targets for your region, which align with wider organisational goals;
- Ensure the smooth running of daily operations and consistency of customer experience across the shops that you manage;
- Manage the delivery and return of orders across the shops that you oversee;
- Lead the annual budgeting process and manage the financial performance of your region;
- Manage the relationship with external partners within the geographic area that you manage;
- Build a team culture that represents One Acre Fund values and creates a divers, equitable and inclusive work environment.
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the manager.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 5+ years of experience in sales / marketing, in an agricultural context
- Experience working in sales, marketing or business management
- Experience setting strategic direction
- Experience managing teams to success
- Knowledge of agricultural products and practices
- Excellent customer service skills
- Analytical and with the capacity to overcome difficult problems creatively
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya.
How To Apply
Application Deadline: 16 September 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.