Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the overall strategic leadership, managerial oversight and technical direction of the anticipated USAID/Kenya & East Africa Health Systems Strengthening Governance Activity. They will lead the implementation team and also serve as the key point of contact for USAID, government, program consortium partners, and other stakeholders. They will also coordinate closely with other USG projects and development partners to ensure joined up approaches and complementarity with other health and governance programs. The COP will report to the Country Representative based in Options’ Nairobi office and will work closely with Options’ management and administrative colleagues. Coordinating the inputs of the team from Options and partners, they will ensure that program objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are met and that financial, operational, and reporting requirements are in compliance with USAID regulations and Options’ policies and processes.
Team management and leadership – lead a team of technical, financial, programmatic and administrative experts to deliver the programme to the highest technical quality. Lead and manage staff professional development to build their capacity and strengthen competency and professional development.
Programme delivery, and oversight – oversee programme strategies, technical approaches, workplans, risk management, and budgets. Ensure the programme delivers against its theory of change and achieves its intended results.
Budget implementation and financial management – Working closely with the finance and operations team to ensure the project’s preparedness for USAID audit.
Client, government and partner relations – be the primary point of contact with USAID, other implementing partners, MOH and other stakeholders. Represent the programme on behalf of Options and ensure alignment and harmonization with other programming where appropriate. Also, take a leading role in disseminating successes and lessons from the project across all stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- University degree in a relevant subject
- Extensive experience providing technical, strategic and program management oversight to major multi-year and multi-partner complex programs in Kenya and/or East Africa as a Chief of Party or Team Leader.
- Demonstrated experience working to strengthen governance and accountability mechanisms in devolved or federated government structures as well as enhancing national local cooperation.
- Strong understanding of the Kenyan health sector including key context and trends relevant to devolution and health systems strengthening. Relevant networks at the county level.
- Strong external liaison and negotiation experience fostering partnerships between Government and other stakeholders, including at county level, and building national and sub-national capacity. Familiarity with government practice and protocol.
- Significant experience and a track record of successful leadership and management of teams based in multiple locations. Previous experience leading a team of highly skilled, multidisciplinary staff to leverage joint management support, and empowering team members to deliver high quality work. Experience managing teams in high-risk environments.
- Demonstrable experience of working with USAID and familiarity with USAID practice and protocol with a proven ability to represent organizations and program with USAID. Significant experience with USAID planning and reporting systems, operations, programming, and structure.
- Experience in managing budgets effectively with oversight on spending while providing regular oversight on issues related to risk and audit
- Experience of risk management and mitigation in a program context.
- Leadership and influencing skills
- Strategic thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong financial and risk management skills
- Strong stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills
- Strong administration and organizational skills, good time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Commitment to the program’s and Options’ principles of Safeguarding, Do No Harm, and to comprehensive sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Awareness and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- To apply, please fill in the form here
- Closing date for applications is: 6 September 2021
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Overseas candidates require a valid Kenya work permit.