Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Cultural Orientation Manager
Level: Level 2 Manager
Section: Cultural Orientation
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
This position is responsible for the Cultural Orientation division’s day to day management and provides effective and efficient field mission planning, administrative support, communications (Digital), and logistical support while adhering to current RSC Africa standard operating procedures and PRM Guidelines.
This position directly manages CO Supervisors and indirectly manages Senior CO Trainers, CO Trainers, and CO Program Assistants.
This position reports directly to the Cultural Orientation Coordinator.
1. Ensures all CO training functions strictly adhere to the PRM, RPC, CWS and RSC Africa policies, guidelines and procedures.
2. Ensures development, implementation, dissemination, monitoring and adherence of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for cultural orientation.
3. Conducts job function observations of CO staff to ensure compliance is met and identifies any areas of improvement or training needs.
4. Conducts regular process reviews.
Data Management and Analysis
1. Closely monitors the movement of cases through the RSC Africa refugee pipeline, and ensures cases receive CO according to the PRM Cooperative Agreement.
2. Acts as the point person for staff inquiries related to CO.
3. Develops and implements department specific pipeline analysis to inform workload projections and staffing and to anticipate future workloads.
4. Manages reports and quality control checks that ensure accuracy and efficiency.
5. Ensures annual plan and strategic plan goals are met as communicated by the COC.
6. Reviews RSC Africa trip reports and follows up on issues related to partners and logistics.
7. Prepares and reviews statistical reports in coordination with the COC and Data Integrity Unit.
1. Develops and maintains effective relationships with RSC implementing partners, including PRM, USCIS, IOM, UNHCR, RPC and domestic Resettlement Agencies.
2. Ensures partner communication from the department is professional, timely and proactive.
3. Represents organizational policies and culture to staff.
4. Ensures the workforce is professional when representing CWS/RSC Africa to refugees, partners, the funder and colleagues.
5. Ensures CO visibility by developing and implementing an internal CWS/RSC Africa communications strategy.
1. Provides direct supervision and leadership to the CO Supervisors, including yearly performance evaluations, developing job descriptions, participating in hiring and coordinating leave.
2. Develops and implements training modules for CO staff, in coordination with the Training unit, and ensures that staff receive cross training on different aspects of refugee processing, and that they are monitored and evaluated.
3. Ensures that QCs are being conducted and feedback is being provided to staff and/or other departments.
4. Ensures coaching, mentoring, feedback and corrective action plans are being carried out where needed.
5. Ensures establishment of performance expectations and communication, on-boarding and training.
6. Develops performance management systems that support consistency in work outputs.
7. Travels to processing locations throughout the region to monitor teams and build partner relationships.
8. Evaluates and assesses training needs of CO staff and takes the lead in organizing and providing trainings on a regular basis.
9. Monitors staff time and attendance.
1. Monitors and ensure a safe, healthy and professional work environment.
2. Ensures direct reports are accessing and using their benefits appropriately including leave.
3. Actively support staff by promoting safe space, open-door and the escalation policy.
4. Establishes and communicates clear expectations to staff to foster a predictable and consistent work environment.
5. Ensures staff are safe in the field by coordinating with the RSC Staff Security Coordinator and disseminating information related to safety to staff in the field.
1. Delegates and oversees CO staff participation and performance on CO related projects.
2. Develops digital presentations and supports CO staff in conveyancing cultural orientation using online and other remote learning modules.
3. Assists in preparation of the CO budget and modifications in coordination with the COC.
4. Obtains circuit ride related costs from partners and reviews budgets and invoices for accuracy.
5. Develops and updates Standard Operating Procedures related to circuit ride preparation to enhance consistency and coordination.
6. Assists in organizing the hiring and training of Cultural Orientation staff.
7. Maintains records of all correspondence with partners.
This position also undertakes other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management.
Bachelor’s Degree or additional four (4) years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree required.
1. Eight (8) years of work experience is required
2. Three (3) years of direct supervisory experience is required
1. Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Access
2. Excellent English writing skills and clear communications style
3. Excellent organizational and time management skills
The CO Manager must have the ability to:
1. exercise good judgment and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems in the field;
2. travel in sub–Saharan Africa on short notice and often under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program;
3. communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
4. follow instructions with a positive and receptive attitude;
5. deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
6. conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS;
7. maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail.
8. carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
9. work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa.
10. take initiative in the development and completion of projects within the specified timeframe;
11. maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
12. manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
13. work well as a team in a multi–cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation.
14. effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources; and
15. actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non–ventilated spaces.
A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel. The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa. Employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money.
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations. Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills.
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job. Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution.
Successfully lead a group to achieve operational goals. Examples of skills and behaviors include priority setting; timely decision making; planning and organizing; delegation; and managing and measuring work.
Building and Leading Effective Teams
Earn the respect of team members, create strong morale and spirit on the team and utilize the unique skills of all team members. Examples of skills and behaviors include managing diverse relationships; flexibility; being open and receptive; running effective team meetings; and exhibiting integrity and trustworthiness.
Accurately anticipate future consequences and trends and translate them into the fulfillment of workable strategies and plans. Examples of skills and behaviors include problem solving; dealing with ambiguity, creativity; innovation management and business acumen
How To Apply