Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who We Are
GivePower’s mission is to electrify Kenya with clean energy and provide greater health, economic and educational opportunities to those who need it most. As a social enterprise, we build and operate innovative solar-powered technology that improves access to clean water, food production, education, and conservation. Our growing team is made up of passionate, creative problem-solvers who value community, vision, and impact. If you crave an opportunity to meaningfully improve the lives of those in need, come join the charge!
The Human Resources Manager is both a strategic and hands-on team member that provides comprehensive HR support to our Kenyan team. This position will collaborate frequently with a fun, passionate, dynamic and fast-growing team located in Kenya and the United States. By creating and executing our people initiatives, this critical role will assist in creating a mission-driven culture, ensure all employees have the opportunity to thrive and will ensure all legal compliance requirements are met. The successful candidate will possess a trustworthy personality capable of protecting the company while supporting his or her teammates needs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Talent Acquisition and Management: Leads the recruitment effort – creating job descriptions, posting jobs, providing guidance and input on workforce planning and succession planning, supporting internal training and development plans. Ensures visibility and reiteration of our mission and values during recruitment, onboarding and ongoing employee communications.
- Compliance: Keeps up to date with with all local and national labor laws. Ensures that the team understands and complies with compliance requirements. Creates actions to address gaps.
- Payroll Management: Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating and capturing data while ensuring the timely preparation of payroll. Manages end-to-end reporting processes. Ensures that statutory reports such as PAYE, NSSF, etc., are remitted within set deadlines. Ensures that the organization is compliant with all payroll laws.
- Benefits Program: Administers all benefit programs. Communicates and provides support to employees and management for key processes.
- Employee Relations: Provides advice, assistance and follow-up on HR policies, procedures and documentation. Helps teams and individuals develop goals, objectives and feedback loops. Works closely with management and team members to improve work relations, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Administrative: Maintains HR information system records. Provides monthly reporting/metrics to management.
- Leadership: Understands the needs of the business. Builds and sustains collaborative relationships and trust at all levels of the organization acting as a trusted ombudsman between staff and management. Works with the leadership team, considers current and future business plans for expansion and ensures that HR processes and systems are scalable. Reviews and makes recommendations on the organization’s structure. Participate in the development and implementation of the change plans.
- Headcount & Employment Costs: Assists in designing compensation plans that provide competitive wages and benefits. Monitors headcount and employment cost on a regular basis, identifying areas of opportunity in terms of optimization. Partners with finance to ensure headcount, employment costs and budget is accurate.
The Qualities You Possess
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Excellent ability to read the audience and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Acts and thinks strategically when identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Ability to engage teams or individuals on subject matters and persuades others to change their minds and/or behaviors, when needed
- Ability to motivate, develop and direct people as they work and assist leadership with identifying high-potential employees
- Strong background in building and implementing in an ambiguous, flexible environment
Qualifications and requirements
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English and Swahili
- Bachelor’s degree in a Human Resources, Education, Social Sciences or related field preferred
- Experience in planning, resources allocation, managing remote locations in global organization
- Strong background in developing and implementing HR strategy, talent planning (recruitment, career management and succession planning), organizational design, workforce planning, talent acquisition
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office suite or equivalent) and able to learn other applications
- Strength to work under pressure from time-to-time by multi-tasking, prioritizing, making decisions or escalating for support when appropriate to meet stringent deadlines
How To Apply
GivePower is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, religion, or any other characteristic protected by Kenyan laws and regulations.