Under the overall supervision of the Head of Kenya Country Office, and the direct supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO) , the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for coordinating the Information Technology component of all IOM operations under the IOM Kenya Country Office. Specifically, he/she will administer, supervise and prioritize Information Technology Communication (ITC) of IOM operations in Nairobi and field sub-offices, provide application and infrastructure technical support and services to users in area of responsibility (AoR), promoting a client and service-oriented approach.
1. Supervise and coordinate the activities of the ITC unit in IOM Kenya, ensuring that all requests are addressed timely and accurately with efficient allocation of resources. Assist in budgeting and allocating IT resources for the mission.
2. Implement systems upgrades and IT infrastructure changes in line with IOM ITC Standards and in close coordination with the Information Technology and Communications Service Centre in Manila. Install systems, network components, and software, recommending solutions to local technical constraints.
3. Secure the implementation of IOM ITC Standards, policies, and guidelines, with regards to implementation of network systems, IT security, software licensing, telecoms, and ITC procurement.
4. Monitor daily mission-critical application such as the Migrant Management Operational Systems Application, IGATOR and the SAP-based Processes and Resources Integrated Systems Management. Liaise effectively with technical counterparts for the proper functioning and availability of those systems. Assist with end-user training when required.
5. Ensure the required performance and stability of network services and servers (LAN, WAN, messaging, Internet and VSATs connectivity, VPN, etc.), to prevent and minimize downtime or service interruption.
6. Assist in training and supervising national IT staff in Kenya Country Office including sub offices.
7. Advise mission management as necessary, for required improvements on mission IT Infrastructure and provision of services as required for the efficient functioning of mission operations.
8. Carry out technical troubleshooting for, and assist with the configuration of, Tele-radiology IT infrastructure for the seamless data exchange between the Missions and Tele-Radiology Hub in Nairobi and Manila.
9. In coordination with SRMO, liaise with Logistics and Procurement Unit to ensure proper technical specification for purchase of ITC- related equipment and propose most suitable solutions.
10. Ensuring data and system integrity by setting up the administrating IT security systems: anti-virus, backup routines, access controls, firewall and physical security.
11. Develop and implement, when necessary, ITC training to all end users to ensure productive LAN, WAN, Messaging, Internet and VSATs connectivity, VPN etc, to prevent and minimize downtime or service interruptions.
12. Implement security processes for the various systems and network components including virus protection and Internet security. Provide guidance and information to users on phishing, Password Cracking, Malwares, etc.
13. Monitor daily the accuracy and completion of database, email and servers’ backups. Provide first-line user support for staff in the Kenya Country Office in a timely and efficient manner.
14. In coordination with the Information Management System Officer, support in the management and maintenance of SQL Servers as database support administrator. Identify gaps on data and information relevant to the IOM Kenya Country Office.
15. Ensuring data and system integrity by setting up the administrating IT security systems: anti-virus, backup routines, access controls, firewall and physical security.
16. Draft procedures and instructions to promote a better understanding of the use of the ITC equipment.
17. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications And Experience
Bachelors’ degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant experience.
1. Experience in networking environment (LAN/WAN), direct user support and computer and communication equipment troubleshooting;
2. Experience in Windows Server software in a multi-site environment, TCP/IP, MS Office, Antivirus Software, Backup Server Softwares, Active Directory services, Email Exchange, Remote Connections Softwares and IT utilities;
3. Experience in Microsoft SQL databases administration will be an advantage;
4. Excellent problem solving skills and hand on experience in handling the technical challenges; 5. Experiences of all aspects of the design, development, management, implementation and maintenance of complex IT management systems and technologies;
6. Experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of telecommunications and computer information systems, information technology;
7. Microsoft system certificate and Cisco network certificates is an advantage;
• Knowledge of the organization’s information infrastructure and IT strategy; • Ability to maintain independently the assigned systems and develop innovative approaches to resolve a wide range of issues/problems;
• Knowledge of IP, VPN, VOIP and LAN/WAN infrastructure;
• Knowledge of NET framework (ASP, VB), SQL and CMS will be an advantage;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Fluency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili is required
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by sending a Motivation Letter and the updated CV to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this advertisement.