Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Senior Child protection and Safeguarding Officer
Location: Kakuma Refugee Camp
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya – Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners.
Lutheran World Federation World Service Kenya Program is seeking to recruit Kenyan national for the following position to be based in Kakuma.
Position: Senior Child protection and Safeguarding Officer
Under the supervision of the Protection and Social Cohesion Manager, the Senior Child protection and Safeguarding Officer, will have an active role in ensuring the timely and successful implementation and monitoring of the Child Protection and safeguarding interventions and support the mainstreaming of protection & safeguarding policies and procedures in the delivery of all our programs, and will ensure proper support and supervision provided to the child protection and safeguarding staff.
The incumbent will report directly to Protection and Social Cohesion Manager or his/her designate.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure timely implementation of all the child protection & Safeguarding interventions in the Area program
- Support in the annual, quarterly and monthly project planning and budgeting for child protection, safeguarding project activities.
- Ensure documentation of the Child protection &Safeguarding intervention best practices, gaps and impacts
- Support in ensuring that weekly Project updates, Monthly and Quarterly Project Reports are developed and submitted on time
- Organize for and facilitate quarterly child protection and safeguarding reflection and learning forums for child protection and safeguarding staff within the Area Program
- Ensure that feedback, findings and recommendations related to child protection and safeguarding activities from various accountability mechanisms such as monthly and quarterly program reviews, Program evaluations are acted upon in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure alignment of all child protection &Safeguarding activities and other area program activities with the stipulated safeguarding policy.
- Develop and coordinate periodic training for all staff, child safeguarding workers, interns on Child Safeguarding.
- Develop child protection & safeguarding orientation materials for staff, new hires and visitors
- Oversee the development and roll-out of child-friendly, and parent-friendly, materials for staff and communities to use to be informed and empowered on safeguarding issues (i.e. Poster or leaflets on behavior protocols)
- Jointly with MEAL team, ensure that accessible, gender, age and literacy sensitive complaints and response mechanisms are in all areas where LWF works. Ensure communities awareness raising on their rights and reporting options in line with the Accountability Framework.
- Influence, network and collaborate with sub county level government, NGOs, donor agencies, UN Agencies, , Working Groups, and other child protection and safeguarding peers
Academic and professional Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in community development work implementing child protection and safeguarding programs
- Degree in Child Development, Sociology, Community Development / Development studies, or other related degrees from a recognized institution.
- A Masters in Child Protection, Community Development, social studies or other related masters from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Computer proficiency
- Work experience in humanitarian context
- Ability to document good practice and lessons learned in Child Protection Programming.
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal).
- Experience in program design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting
- Good understanding of CRC and other relevant international human rights standards protecting the rights of children.
- Experience in engagements with government departments as well as networking and collaborating with other non-government stakeholders including community structures at community level.
How To Apply
Closing date for applications: 6 September 2021
LWF/WS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. LWF/WS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.