Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CMA CGM Group, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping & logistics group.
Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM reinvents transport and logistics in order to offer an integrated maritime, port and land service that exceeds its customers’ expectations.
Present in over 160 countries through 755 offices, 750 warehouses, equipped with a young and diverse fleet of 511 vessels, CMA CGM serves 420 of the world’s 521 commercial ports and operates on more then 200 shipping lines. The group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including nearly 2,400 in Marseille, in its headquarters in Marseilles.
This position reports to the North Corridor Sales Manager and is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Inside sales is a key function in charge of the commercial relationship with the customers, primarily using emails, web-conference tools & telephone. As such, the duty of the Inside sales is to manage accounts as per agency’s customer segmentation and offer all relevant product and services including but not limited to shipping, Value Added Services, eCommerce, Intermodal, CEVA & Air Cargo.
The Inside Sales is also in charge to identifying customer & market information, reported in appropriate corporate tools.
Main tasks and Responsibility
- Participate in establishing the Commercial actions plan and ensure the agency sales’ segmentation is correct and up to date
- Plan and conduct commercial visits as per agency sales’ segmentation
- Promote CMA CGM Group Services and Non-Maritime products (e-commerce, VAS, intermodal, CEVA…)
- Identify the commercial market opportunities
- Responsible for channelling back to the organization valuable market intelligence information regarding the trade.
- Understand overall business of the customer to be able to come across other business opportunities to up-sell or cross sell other CMA CGM Products and grow share of wallet.
- Directly negotiates or communicates negotiations of rates with the line/trade management on behalf of the customer for Import, Export and Foreign to Foreign business
- Update commercial data and customer feedback in CRM
- Relay pricing requests from customers to Sales Support
- Relay service requests from customers to the Customer Care team
- Develop overall market share / turnover in accordance with the commercial strategy
- Develop new businesses.
Skills and Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5-year experience in the shipping industry preferably in a commercial role.
- Previous experience in use of a CRM is an added advantage
- Proficiency in MS office tools especially Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have an Entrepreneurial and Innovative approach
- Self-starter who is results driven
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A good team Player
- Good Organizational Skills
How To Apply