Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Kenya Institute of Supplies Management is a corporate body established through an Act of
Parliament, the “Supplies Practitioners Management Act (SPMA), 2007”. KISM is mandated to make
provision for the training, registration and licensing of supplies practitioners; to regulate their practice
and for connected purposes. The Institute serves as the National body for Procurement and Supply
Chain Professionals in the private and public sectors in Kenya.
The KISM Council is seeking to recruit a hands–on, dynamic, and knowledgeable and performance–
oriented person to fill the position of SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER Ref. SCM001/2021.
Description of this Vacancy and Requirements is outlined here below.
Department: Procurement and Supply Chain
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
Job Summary: To ensure that the Institutes’ procurement is cost effective, efficient, and done
professionally and in accordance with the Institutes’ policy
The role is responsible for ensuring proper procurement and disposal of items in the Institute as per
the Public Procurement and Disposal Act and Regulations and other relevant legislation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide leadership in the development and execution of the institute’s strategy on procurement.
2. Develop and implement policies, procedures, and manuals to safeguard integrity of the
procurement processes of the Institute.
3. Develop effective work plans drawn from the Strategic Plan and undertake continuous
performance monitoring and reporting.
4. Develop, motivate, and manage the performance of the team and ensure continuous
alignment to the goals and values of the Institute.
5. Ensure adequate budgetary provisions, monitor absorption, and ensure optimal
utilization and alignment to the Institute strategic activities.
6. Covered in the immediate bullet above Ensure efficiency of systems, processes,
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to achieve the operational excellence that drives
the department ’s objectives
7. Identify, evaluate, mitigate and monitor operational and strategic risks of the function
8. Ensure implementation of a business continuity and disaster recovery plan for the
9. Ensure compliance with all procurement and disposal statutory requirements,
Government Circulars and Commission’s policies.
10. Provide requisite regular reporting in compliance with internal and external guidelines
11. Develop and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders.
12. Provide advice and respond to procurement related matters in the Institute
13. Provide professional opinion and technical advice on procurement and disposal matters
14. Report on status of the contracts to the Institute Company Secretary
15. Recommend appointment of the members of tender processing committees to the
institute Company Secretary.
16. Ensure continuous training of prospective tender processing committee members and
17. Develop tender documents, coordinate evaluation, provide technical advice, and give
feedback to all bidders.
18. Prepare agenda and meetings of the Tender and Disposal Committees, provide technical
advice during meetings, and take minutes
19. In liaison with user departments, identify procurement needs, initiate prequalification,
oversee evaluation, register, and monitor suppliers’ performance.
20. Develop and administer a supplier satisfaction survey questionnaire to enhance supplier
relationships with the Commission.
21. Ensure all procurement records are secure and safely maintained for ease of retrieval
and future reference.
22. Liaise with User departments to identify obsolete and unserviceable stores for disposal.
23. Coordinate periodic and annual stock taking for prudent inventory management.
24. Perform any other functions connected therewith or incidental thereto.
QUALIFICATION AND KNOWLEDGE
Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management or related field from a
Master’s degree from a recognized university is an added advantage.
Certificate in Leadership from a recognized institution
Member and licensed practitioner of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) in
Professional qualification CIPS, CPSP is an added advantage
Eight (8) years of service, three years of which should be relevant to this position and
obtained in a reputable organization.
Five (5) years experience in a leadership role
Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Keya
Integrity and professionalism
Demonstrate ability to manage and lead high performing teams.
Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment.
Capacity to demonstrate strategic mind–set and innovation.
Ability to identify customer needs, develop service standards and deliver service
Demonstrate knowledge in relevant legislation, regulations and applicable
Strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to work with minimum supervision and under strict timelines.
High analytical and organizational skills, with ability to gather, analyze and
evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise written reports.
High level of attention to detail.
Knowledge of relevant computer applications.
In addition to the professional qualifications, applicants will be required to meet the
expectations of Chapter 6 on Leadership and Integrity and possess;
a) Valid certificate of Good conduct
b) Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti–Corruption Commission
c) Certificate of compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
d) A valid Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance clearance
e) A valid certificate of clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau
f) A relevant identification document
g) Valid Membership Certificate from relevant Professional body
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to read detailed job profile for the
respective role on our website http://www.kism.or.ke.
All Application letters indicating role and reference number, together with Curriculum
Vitae and relevant certificates should be sent online in PDF format addressed to the CEO
KISM, email@example.com to reach him not later than Wednesday, 8th September 2021.
Kindly submit a filed KISM Job Application Form together with your application. The template
form (Google Form) can be accessed using this link https://forms.gle/3XKchgoeJrgPLiLc9
KISM is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted..